View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #43 (permalink)
episode2011
FitDay Member

Ok, part 2:

Oh, Robin! I winced just reading about your back and that was before I looked up exactly what it was . It just sounds painful. And yet, you continue on, modifying your workouts to accommodate. My hat is off to you!

Debbie and Libby, I'm impressed with your walking/running. Heck, I doubt I could run 5m, let alone 5km, and I'd have to be being chased by a car to do that much!

Donna, adding in chicken broth, garlic and onion sounds delightful for the blackeyed peas and rice. Definitely for the next batch!

As far as how much studying I do, Ian, I try to get in 30 minutes to an hour per evening. You'd think I'd be fluent by now but sadly, not so. I've been at it off and on for a few years (few months on, more months off). I'm better than I was, but no where near what I'd like. I doubt I could even read a kid's book. Oh well, it's still fun.

On a completely different note, I just found a Youtube video of a dance I'd like to learn. I mentioned it on another post in a different thread, but thought I'd mention it here, too (I'll tell you why in a sec). The video is How to Bollywood Dance: Navrai Majhi and it comes in four parts. The instructor seems great! She breaks the dance down into very simple movements and shows them and explains them well. It looks like fun!

The reason I mention it is that I thought it might be fun to learn with friends. Wouldn't it be a hoot if, one day, we were all in the same place at the same time and we could do it together! Hey, it could happen!

50-something female, 5'6"
Overall Goal = Lose 75 pounds
  • Feb 1: Restarted... again... for the umpteenth time
  • Status as of July 15 = 20.5 pounds released (even though this body is quite reluctant to give them up)
episode2011 is offline   Reply With Quote