View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 03:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
lildebbieg
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by libby116 View Post
Debbie: What weight were you when you started running? I can't run farther than between a few telephone poles and I am hoping as I lose weight
I will be able to run more. I am under my calorie allowance for the day but I didn't exercise as long either. Things are going well this week both with diet and exercise. We can do this.
Hey Libby
I started running when I was on maternity leave with my second child. She refused to take a bottle, so I nursed her until she was 11 months old. For many mothers, this is the norm, but for me it was really difficult! My husband couldn't do anything to please her...all she wanted was mommy! I also have a little boy who was only 19 months old when I had my daughter. It was a trying time and I took up running to get out of the house at least for a short time. I started with 'Couch to 5K'. It's a great program to get you started running and to slowly build your distance and endurance. Google it if you haven't heard of it...you'll find it on CoolRunning.com I eventually lost steam and stopped running. This past December, I created my own Couch to 10 K to start running again and build my distance. All this to say, when I started running, I was around the 135-140 mark...right where I am now. I really encourage you to check out the 'Couch to 5K'!! It's tried and true and will halep you get started running the right way!!

Debbie
lildebbieg is offline   Reply With Quote