Heh that's true, Robin
, a day of rest is probably a good thing. Thing is, my day of rest wasn't intentional -- it just sort of happened because I couldn't get my rusty butt in action
. On a more serious note, fingers cross you'll get some good news regarding your back on Tuesday. It stinks when a condition persists and you're not really sure why. Oh, and on a lighter note, look at your Wonderful Week! Great job!!!
, I'm envious that you can do planks and pushups. Planks and I do not get along at all. They make my lower back scream. I suppose that's telling me I need to strengthen those muscles. And sadly, I don't have enough arm/shoulder strength to do a proper pushup. Well, I can push up
, I just can't lower back down. The elbows buckle, then splat. Does a faceplant count as exercise?
Looking forward to seeing your new, revised goal set, Ian
! I think it's always a good idea to tweak goals. Try things out for a while then ask the old question: "How's that workin' for ya?". Regarding your point on rice cookers, yes, we have them in the States, but I don't know if they are the same as you have over there. I don't have one, even as much as I love love love rice! I just make it on the stove.
, I know it's disheartening to have an uncooperative scale (oh, how I know!) but in my opinion, with the exception of water weight, things don't work quite that fast (thankfully). Last night's potatoes may be still be sitting in your body but I don't think they became *part* of your body overnight. Changing subjects, I hear you about the weather. I actually did turn the heat back on. It may be near June but it feels like late-March. Heh last week, I was out playing a delightful round of golf. This week, I could almost go skiing (I heard they did have snow in the mountains near here).
Goals for the Week:
- Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
- At least 2000ml water per day: 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000 <--- looking forward to revising this goal
- Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories: 1319, 1349, 1372, 1392, 1383, 1379
- Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium: 903, 876, 886, 907, 958, 989
- Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber: 23, 23, 22, 21, 22, 19
- Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: M=Tai Chi/Yoga, T=Taiko Class, W=Tai Chi, Th=Yoga Class, F=nothing, Sa=Tai Chi ---- (5/4) Goal exceeded!
- Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
We're almost done with another week, folks. Let's finish strong. As Carolynn said in the title of this week's thread, let's make it a Stay Strong Sunday!