View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #90 (permalink)
iansteele
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by episode2011
Ahhh, interesting. I assume that would also make tracking more of a challenge since some of the foods to which you have access aren't necessarily in Fitday's database.
It's not too hard, the internet is full of information on lesser known things

Quote:
And that's a bit of a bugaboo. Many of the folks here who're using 1200-1500 are women. That's just not enough for most guys, especially if the guy is active (doing 250 sit-ups/day qualifies as active, if you ask me). I'm not a dietitian, nutritionist, physician or lawyer (), so take anything I say here with a grain of salt (but not too much salt -- gotta watch that sodium). I'd recommend you try to calculate your actual calorie needs, based on your age, height, gender, activity level and body type. Somewhere in these forums, I remember Carolynn giving a detailed walkthrough of how to calculate it. I'll see if I can find/link it for you.

I'm guessing you can (and maybe should) eat a lot more than you think you can.
I didn't take into account the gender factor. I'll change that up for next week. 250 situps takes about 10 minutes (of actually exercise time) it doesn't really count as active.

Quote:
Not necessarily unfortunate, depending on how it's prepared and what goes on it. Also, is it white rice or brown rice? Do you put any sauce on it? It may be that the sauce and prep are the issues, not the rice.
Um... its cooked in a rice cooker, not sure if those exist in the states, but the average rice meal generally contains about 500+ calories

Quote:
That's all good stuff, even the pork depending on how it's prepared. The eggs and pork provide a lot of protein. Have you considered adding in some edamame, if it's available? A half cup of shelled edamame is chock full of protein (11g) and fiber (9g) and has very little sodium (15mg). One thing I've learned about Asian foods is that some things contain a lot of sodium (sauces, especially), so that may be something you'll need to watch out for.

And, of course, you can always ramp up how much fish you eat.
I can't get edamame. I don't eat too many Asian sauces since spicy isn't really my thing, so that doesn't really factor into it. Funny you should mention fish, I just bought a ton of raw fishies to make sure next weeks logs look a lot more polished than this weeks.

Quote:
So it seems you'll have to account for that in your plan. I'm sure some of those beers are being offset with the sit-ups .
A bit of beer never hurt anybody (que angry response from recovering alcoholics)

@Dmartz - Kan jij Duits spreken?