View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #44 (permalink)
episode2011
FitDay Member

Jezzie, everyone in my family loved popcorn but we all gave it up when my son got braces (solidarity and all that). Once the braces came off, we tried it again but, for me at least, I found it kept getting "caught". Frustrating and painful. Perhaps I should try huskless/kernel-less. Popcorn is a healthy snack, in addition to being downright fun to eat. Thanks for the tips on prep!

Even with the pretzels, you're doing great this week, Carolynn!!! Keep it up!

Congrats on your loss, Jenn! 90 degrees and no A/C? Yikes! I do not do well with heat or sweating. I'd have to live in the shower.

Wow, Mike, that diet is intense! So that's your secret, eh? It seems like it takes a lot of self-discipline to adhere to it. Heh I'd have been out on Day 3, what with the 10 glasses of water () AND no coffee! Question: aren't crawfish basically little, bitty lobsters? Would they be on The List?

Donna, 18 months logging? Impressive! That's dedication.

Even though fiddleheads grew behind my house (moved from that house probably 15 years ago), I never paid much attention to them and had no idea they had such a short lifecycle, Robin! I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any around here (we don't live near a forest) and I can't recall seeing them in the regular supermarkets. There are a few organic supermarkets nearby; perhaps they have some. I'm intrigued now. What other vegetable do they resemble, tastewise?

Whatever they taste like, I'm sure they're fantastic with "gobs of butter", Lilbits (hehe). Hey, just about everything tastes better with butter... or bacon.

You're tearing it up, Donna! Love that line, "vegged out". Gave me a chuckle!

As for me...

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes
  • At least 2000ml water per day: 2000, 2000, 2000
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories: 1319, 1349, 1372
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium: 903, 876, 886
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber: 23, 23, 22
  • Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: M=Tai Chi/Yoga, T=Taiko Class, W=Tai Chi ---- (3/4)
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes
Chugging right along. Nothing out of the ordinary so far this week. Sending (((hugs))) and best wishes to Hope and to our friends who haven't had a chance to post yet this week.

50-something female, 5'6"
Overall Goal = Lose 75 pounds
  • Feb 1: Restarted... again... for the umpteenth time
  • Status as of July 15 = 20.5 pounds released (even though this body is quite reluctant to give them up)
episode2011 is offline   Reply With Quote