Notices

What is are some of your favorite weight loss tips?

Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default What is are some of your favorite weight loss tips?

What are some of your most succesfull weight loss tips?? I have my few that I live by, but I am looking for some tips on cutting down. Please only share different/ unique tips.
I know about all the common ones.... lots of water lots of rest six small meals etc.

thank you so much in advance!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

FitDay Discussion Boards - Threads Tagged with fitday best of series
Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Yuck----

I imagine nasty things on food that is unhealthy.

For example,

++tostada chips are unhealthy so I imagine that the salsa for them has blood in it.
++ white rice- maggots
++ ramen noodles or other noodles- worms.
++ chocolate- poo

and this helps me turn down foods that will sabotage my goal of eating healthy foods.
Now,
If anyone cares to help me out on this idea,
how else can your imagination help with this strategy????

Last edited by jrelerjr; 01-25-2013 at 06:13 AM. Reason: color
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Power naps

Hi, I believe in power naps, yopu close your eyes and breath deeply, maybe listen to music, this will reduce stress around you and increase motabolism

Originally Posted by Tabithalongman
What are some of your most succesfull weight loss tips?? I have my few that I live by, but I am looking for some tips on cutting down. Please only share different/ unique tips.
I know about all the common ones.... lots of water lots of rest six small meals etc.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss tips

If I want to lose weight then I will always go with natural way. IN which i include

Exercise
Yoga
Meditation
morning and evening walk
healthy and nutritious food
no spicy and unhealthy food
swimming
Go to bed 1 and 2 hours after dinner
Drink some mild water early in the morning

I know this tips will surely helps you to lose weight in natural way.

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

Smile weight loss tips

Originally Posted by Tabithalongman

For the best results in weight loss , you ahould always go for the exercise which you like the most , it will give you soothing , satisfaction and refreshment !
for daily weight loss exercise i always prefer 1 hour swimming ...it is full body exercise which tones avery part of body !!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tea is key

People don't realize how many calories they consume just in beverages. Drinking teas and iced teas that are not pre-sweetened will absolutely help with losing weight. And drinking them at the right time of day is important too. White Tea and Pu-erh Tea are becoming more popular these days in helping to combat fat in the body. And Yerba Mate and Oolong are getting a reputation as metabolism boosters. Also herbals like Chickweed or Dandelion can act like a mild diuretic to help with bloating.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

I have a tendency to eat when bored, worried, etc. If I get the urge to eat when I'm not really hungry, I sometimes:

1. Brush my teeth. Brushing one's teeth is associated with the end eating, plus I generally no longer feel like eating with a minty fresh mouth.

2. Walk up and down the stairs 5 times. I don't know if it's the distraction, the exercise, or thinking about how my legs ache and how few calories that effort burned, but this usually works for me.

Other "tricks":

3. Fill out your daily food log religiously. I often back off from eating something I don't really need because I don't want to have to see it in my food log and see the calorie count jump.

4. Eat more soups. In a study, two groups were allowed to each as much as they wanted. One group was fed a stew/casserole with water to drink on the side. The other group got the same stew/casserole with water added to it to make it into a soup. The soup group got filled up with less food.

5. I'm a big late-night snacker. I've made the kitchen off limits to me after 8 pm. At 7:30 pm, I'll have some fruit with cheese or nuts, and then I don't go into the kitchen until the following morning. (And, no, I haven't started stashing food in other rooms!)

6. Don't eat in front of the tv or at the computer. When I'm focused on a screen, I eat mindlesslessly and then realize I've finished my meal and haven't really enjoyed it - and usually don't feel full. Unplug and really enjoy your food.

7. I eat too fast, so I'm trying to put my spoon or fork down between bites, or chew a bite 20 times. This is another way to taste and better enjoy your food.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
I have a tendency to eat when bored, worried, etc. If I get the urge to eat when I'm not really hungry, I sometimes:

1. Brush my teeth. Brushing one's teeth is associated with the end eating, plus I generally no longer feel like eating with a minty fresh mouth.

2. Walk up and down the stairs 5 times. I don't know if it's the distraction, the exercise, or thinking about how my legs ache and how few calories that effort burned, but this usually works for me.

Other "tricks":

3. Fill out your daily food log religiously. I often back off from eating something I don't really need because I don't want to have to see it in my food log and see the calorie count jump.

4. Eat more soups. In a study, two groups were allowed to each as much as they wanted. One group was fed a stew/casserole with water to drink on the side. The other group got the same stew/casserole with water added to it to make it into a soup. The soup group got filled up with less food.

5. I'm a big late-night snacker. I've made the kitchen off limits to me after 8 pm. At 7:30 pm, I'll have some fruit with cheese or nuts, and then I don't go into the kitchen until the following morning. (And, no, I haven't started stashing food in other rooms!)

6. Don't eat in front of the tv or at the computer. When I'm focused on a screen, I eat mindlesslessly and then realize I've finished my meal and haven't really enjoyed it - and usually don't feel full. Unplug and really enjoy your food.

7. I eat too fast, so I'm trying to put my spoon or fork down between bites, or chew a bite 20 times. This is another way to taste and better enjoy your food.
Nice tricks to avoid unusual hungry feeling !! Brushing is the best one ..i have tried it many times !!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

Talking What is working for me now....

I have never really used this site to help me lose weight...and I have been through all kinds of fad diets... but currantly I am losing weight by eating what is right.....

I eat... log my food in the fitday foods... log my weight... and look at nutrition... find out where I am lacking and eat food high in that source... no need to eat a lot as it is calculated by the week or longer if you want...

Lately I have been steaming fish on a daily basis... as well as my veggies and rice.... which means a lot less salt and oil.... after 1 week.. I checked the pie chart for the carb, protein and fats and it was perfect... 33-34 percent in each area... and I am losing weight...

Hope this helps...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.