Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 20 - Stay Strong!

Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 20 - Stay Strong!

Where is everybody? By the time I log in on Monday (I'm on the West Coast), there's already a thread and several posts.

Originally Posted by iansteele
Thanks for the welcomes.

For the first week I think I'll keep it simple and easy then take it from there.

Week 1 goals:

Less than 1500 calories per day, under 10 000 for the week.
Log all exercise to set a proper goal for week 2....
Ian, I like your strategy of monitoring your exercise for this week to set your goal for the following week.

My goals are simple too. I'm going back to logging calories this week.
1. Calories averaging under 1400 day
2. 30-min extra movement a day
3. No sugar, white flour
Old 05-20-2013, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Good Monday Morning, everyone! Rise and shine, up and at 'em!

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!):
  • At least 2000ml water per day:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber:
  • Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week:
  • Study every day:

After having a nice, solid blue week last week (yeah, I'm psyched!), I'm upping the stakes a bit. Challenging myself to do 2000ml water daily (up from 1500ml) and adding in the physical activity goal. These are things I did last week -- now I'm making them official goals. Let's see how it goes!

Last edited by episode2011; 05-20-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the weight loss Epi!

Going to rain Mon-Fri this week so any exercise will have to be done indoors!

Goals for the week
1. Eat within carb limit
2. 4 servings fruits/veggies
3. 6 glasses of water
4. 30 min exercise 4X
5. write

Did ok on the fruits and veggies last week and exercised a little bit but not quite to my goal for the week. Weighed myself yesterday and I'm the same which I'm ok with.
Now that the warmer weather is here it's easier to eat lighter and there is lots of fruit in season.

Jenn
Old 05-20-2013, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Today is a holiday, long weekend. And I am doing up some much needed housework. Not spring cleaning, just housework. Between too busy, health issues and hubby's broken leg, the house is long neglected! Pretty much all winter.

It's pouring rain outside so I am not tempted to go anywhere.

I can hardly believe that I have nothing urgent to do!

Goals for this week:

1. Green tea 1x per day
2. Calories 1200-1400
3. Swim once
4. Gym once
5. Walk at least 2x.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning losers! I weighed in at 186.6 this morning (updated my sig... Donna). I'll list some goals before today is up but the main goal is to drop 2 pounds.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn - I'm fine with no weight change too - any which way but up! And these plateaus are giving me time to come to terms with the realization that, with this older-model body of mine, I'll have to always watch what I eat and get some exercise in just to maintain.

epixi - You always sound so danged cheerful & energetic. No wonder you're doing so well. Congrats on the weight loss.

Mike - good to have you back.

Robin - glad you can have some more relaxing time this weekend with nothing urgent to do.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome job Epi!
  • May 20: 15 gone, 60 to go -- back on track!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Week 1 goals:

Less than 1500 calories per day, under 10 000 for the week.
Log all exercise to set a proper goal for week 2

Daily Progress:

1101 Calories (had some late night popcorn which screwed it up a little bit)
Walked 1.5 miles (it's day 1 I'm still lazy)
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Well blew my calorie limit today...........not really sure why, poor planning I guess. This is the first time my total cals were below my cals burned since December (1800+). I ate reasonable food, just too much of it I guess. It's raining hard, I never left the house today.

Tomorrow am I will swim and back to work, guess I need to plan better.

How's everyone else doing at this end of Monday?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Awww Robin, sorry to hear that you and the calories didn't see eye-to-eye today. You've been so diligent for so long, though, that this little blip will probably smooth right out over the long run. Not to mention, if you got all that housework done, you probably burned more than you think!

Happy Victoria Day to you and yours and all our other neighbors to the north! Although, with all the rain you mentioned, shall I assume there will be no fireworks tonight? Drat!

Ian, you're off to a fine start! You've even left yourself some wiggle-room on the calories for the week!

Looks like you're heading back down, Mike! Yay! And Carolynn, you're pretty much at your goal -- I'm so very happy for you! You're an inspiration!

Jenn, like Carolynn said, staying the same it a victory, too. I'm a firm believer that sometimes it takes the body a bit to adjust to its new normal. Did you get a chance to write today?

As for me, I'm still wrestling with that dreaded water. Only 500ml to go for today (whew), but it's a struggle. I know I upped my goal from 1500ml to 2000ml per day (what was I thinking???), but I've also been doing some research on the theories regarding min-max water consumption. I'll try for the 2k this week (correction, not try... do!) but there's a good possibility I'll revise that goal again next week .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.