Hey, there, Donna
! Have a nice visit with your mom!
, those fires must be terrible/awful if the schools had to close. I hope the rains help knock down the flames.
I'm happy to hear you got your swim in (and to hear it didn't hurt your back!)! Getting up at 5:45 to exercise a testament your dedication. Usually, the only way I see 5:45 is if I pull an all-nighter
Surprisingly, I was not sore in the least today after 90 minutes of tai chi last night! Ok, maybe a teeny tiny little twinge in the right shoulder but nothing to complain about and certainly nothing like what I expected.
Tonight I sat in on a yoga class. I wasn't properly dressed, so I didn't participate, but it looked like something I *could* do. Well, at least work my way up to. It was a Beginner class and was small. The instructor was wonderful. Her voice was commanding, soothing and gentle all at the same time. There's a very good chance I'll be going back next week, provided I buy a mat beforehand. I saw how often their faces touched the mats -- my ick-factor senses flew off the chart
That, and I have to get some work-out clothes.
I know you teach yoga, Robin
. Do you have any pointers for a noobie, total beginner? I have a few yoga DVDs. I bought them a few years ago but was scared I was doing things wrong, so I only tried them out once or twice. I think taking a class with an instructor will be much better. In the meantime, however, should I find/use those DVDs? Should I use them in between classes as well for reinforcement?
So many questions!
So, that's 3 classes in 3 days. And "get more active" wasn't even one of my goals!
Goals for the Week:
- Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes
- At least 1500ml water per day: 1500, 1500, 1500, 1500
- Keep calories under 1600 per day: 1276, 1074, 1563, 1194
- Keep sodium under 1300 per day: 908, 296, 915, 339
- At least 10g fiber per day: 21, 14, 23, 16
- No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes
Come on, folks, it's almost Friday! I know you're out there! We need to get the post count up on this thread!
~ Epixi, a work in progress
Female, endomorph (
doomed from the start)
Target BMI = under 25 (lbs to lose = 50)
Desired BMI range = 22-23 (total lbs to lose = 65-70)
- Sept 10, 2014: BMI = 32.89
- Monday, May 11, 2015: BMI = 29.05
- Monday, May 18, 2015: BMI = 28.19
- Total lost since start = 30lbs
Plagued by constant log-offs? Try this: before hitting "Preview/Submit", COPY your post. When you get logged off, log back on, PASTE your post and "Preview/Submit".