View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #32 (permalink)
episode2011
FitDay Member

Hey, there, Donna! Have a nice visit with your mom!

Wow, Robin, those fires must be terrible/awful if the schools had to close. I hope the rains help knock down the flames.

I'm happy to hear you got your swim in (and to hear it didn't hurt your back!)! Getting up at 5:45 to exercise a testament your dedication. Usually, the only way I see 5:45 is if I pull an all-nighter .

Surprisingly, I was not sore in the least today after 90 minutes of tai chi last night! Ok, maybe a teeny tiny little twinge in the right shoulder but nothing to complain about and certainly nothing like what I expected.

Tonight I sat in on a yoga class. I wasn't properly dressed, so I didn't participate, but it looked like something I *could* do. Well, at least work my way up to. It was a Beginner class and was small. The instructor was wonderful. Her voice was commanding, soothing and gentle all at the same time. There's a very good chance I'll be going back next week, provided I buy a mat beforehand. I saw how often their faces touched the mats -- my ick-factor senses flew off the chart .

That, and I have to get some work-out clothes.

I know you teach yoga, Robin. Do you have any pointers for a noobie, total beginner? I have a few yoga DVDs. I bought them a few years ago but was scared I was doing things wrong, so I only tried them out once or twice. I think taking a class with an instructor will be much better. In the meantime, however, should I find/use those DVDs? Should I use them in between classes as well for reinforcement?

So many questions!

So, that's 3 classes in 3 days. And "get more active" wasn't even one of my goals!

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 1500, 1500, 1500, 1500
  • Keep calories under 1600 per day: 1276, 1074, 1563, 1194
  • Keep sodium under 1300 per day: 908, 296, 915, 339
  • At least 10g fiber per day: 21, 14, 23, 16
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes

Come on, folks, it's almost Friday! I know you're out there! We need to get the post count up on this thread!

50-something female, 5'6"
Overall Goal = Lose 75 pounds
  • Feb 1: Restarted... again... for the umpteenth time
  • Status as of July 15 = 20.5 pounds released (even though this body is quite reluctant to give them up)
episode2011 is offline   Reply With Quote