View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 01:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
episode2011
FitDay Member

Hey there, Mern! You said you're "still trying". I disagree. You've lost 3.5 pounds since May 1; you're not "trying" -- you're doing!!! Good job!

Jenn, do you do your mall walking with a formal mall walking group or do you go on your own? I've never tried the formal group, but I've done it on my own a few times. I like the fact that it's climate controlled and there are no bugs (I HATE bugs).

Thank you for sharing the story about your dad, Donna. I agree 100% with Robin -- it was very inspirational.

Robin, I hope things went well with the fudge. I've never made fudge and didn't know it needed to "set up". I hope these last batches finished up properly for you. And as far as a taste? I agree with Donna. Have a little one (just don't forget to account for it ).

I hope Hope is ok. She's been quiet this week.

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 1500, 1500, 1500
  • Keep calories under 1600 per day: 1276, 1074, 1563
  • Keep sodium under 1300 per day: 908, 296, 915
  • At least 10g fiber per day: 21, 14, 23
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes

Keepin' it blue, so I'm a happy camper.

But ooooooh am I gonna be sore tomorrow, I just know it! Tai chi is much harder than I thought. This was an all-levels class (I couldn't find a Beginner's Class in my area), so that may be part of it. First off, I didn't think it was going to make me sweat because the movements are so slow and deliberate. I hate being sweaty even more than I hate bugs and I got quite sweaty during class. Everyone did.

Secondly, I didn't realize I had so many muscles in my feet -- they are already talking to me. There were times during the class when my legs were seriously wobbly. Thigh muscles, calf muscles, ankle muscles were ALL yelling at me! I actually had to sit out a couple of times. I must say the instructor was wonderful, though. Very patient. Explained well. Demonstrated well. Corrected well. It was a small class so she was able to give lots of individual attention. The classmates were nice, too. Very friendly and relaxed. Overall, it was a quite enjoyable experience (even if I did get uncomfortably sweaty)... but I am dreading tomorrow. Will I even be able to get out of bed???

Let's keep going strong, folks!

50-something female, 5'6"
Overall Goal = Lose 75 pounds
  • Feb 1: Restarted... again... for the umpteenth time
  • Status as of July 15 = 20.5 pounds released (even though this body is quite reluctant to give them up)

Last edited by episode2011; 05-09-2013 at 01:33 AM. Reason: typo
episode2011 is offline   Reply With Quote