View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
dmartz
FitDay Member

Default Tues

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1069, 1176
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 108, 273
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 5, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 57, 45
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 36, 44
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 20
Salad, bakery Challah bread (too much cholesterol, buyt so good!) ice cream.

Epi, "Something I've never done before" was in memory of my Dad. I was talking to a friend who knew him well, and recalled this story; One year awhile back, my Mom told me that Dad was really depressed and the drugs and therapy weren't helping him. I asked to speak with him and told him he should do something he never did before. He said: "Like what?" Me: "Like something you always wanted to do but never did." He said: "I always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon." I said "You've never been to the GC?, We can do that!" So I call the Park concession reservation line, and they happened to have a cancellation for the lodge on the south rim for three days about a month later. They also had the following two days available on the North Rim. So in May we all flew into Vegas, and the next day drove to the Canyon. Spent five days there and two more in Zion Nat'l Park. It was great. And he was much better the day after we got off the phone.

But you don't have to go that big. The moral of the story is, if you're getting down, try to 'Do something you've never done before.' Maybe more than one thing. Even if you're not down, just every once in a while try to shake things up a bit.

- Donna
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote