View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #52 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

Hope - I have never once thought of you as a Debbie Downer. A Debbie Downer wouldn’t be looking for solutions as you are. I’m glad you feel comfortable enough to share how you’re really feeling. And, yes, we should be appreciative of our being able to exercise without pain. It’s so easy to take good health for granted.

Mike - I understand about evil scales. Have a great vacation.

Donna, going back to your maxim of yesterday - "If the packaging of a food tells you that it is healthy, then it probably isn’t." - what did I find in my kitchen but a box of Frosted Flakes with a “Good Source of Vitamin D” banner across the top. (I swear, they’re my husband’s, not mine. He bought them - he’s got a huge sweet tooth, plus he'll buy anything that’s on sale whether it’s healthful or not.)

Mern - I’m an emotional eater too. Some people eat when they’re upset; some people can’t eat when they’re upset (wish I were one of those!). Even with your mistake, you didn’t go too far over on your saturated fats, so good job!

Robin - wise decision to stay out of the fundraiser drama.

Jezzie - great to see you back and glad you had a good time in Mexico.

April - Oooh, potato chips. They are definitely one of my weak points. Yep, it can suck being a girl. And, after menopause, most women have to eat less and exercise more just to maintain their weight. Looking forward to your account of tonight’s prom and dinner activities!

1. 3 meals + 2-3 snacks (no extra snacking) Y, Y,Y,Y
2. 2-3 min. exercise before meal prep, snacks. Y,Y,Y,N (I forgot to do it sometimes)
3. An hour extra movement a day: N (35 min), N (40), Y (60), N (40)
4. No sugar, white flour: Y,Y,Y,Y
5. Small bites and put fork down between bites: mostly
6: Weight same or down: same; maybe down, down,down
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote