Goals for the week
1. Lots of water M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch (8 miles goal) M: 2-1/2miles, T: 2miles in the sprinkling rain!, W: No (but made up for it),
3. Supposed to be rainy so if I can't walk on lunch a day workout at night that night and deduct 2 miles from walking goal M: walked on lunch, T: walked on lunch, W: 27 mins cardio,
4. Take Chloe for one walk before work M: No, T: No,
[coor="green"]W: Yes - Done for the week![/color]
5. Planned foods except dinner M: yes except had an extra snack after dinner, T: Yes, W: Yes,
1. Stick with the honesty M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Keep the house clean for company this weekend M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. Don't fret about the prom. He will be fine. M: mostly, but I will feel better when his tux arrives, T: Still no tux, W: tux arrived and all fits perfect
Got in my exercise as planned last night since I couldn't walk on lunch. Did a 5 min warm up, 18 min cardio/kickboxing, 6 min cool down. Was sweating my butt off. <~~ don't you wish that would actually happen? LOL
Got the tux tried on last night and it fits. He is so uncomfortable in it but I think he is going to look so sweet next to his date. I'm going to put the pic in attachments on here from him trying it on.
Originally Posted by Robingen
Yahoo broke 170 today. Granted it was 169.9 but it was great to see.
Woohoo! Keep up the good work!!
Originally Posted by carolynnq
I've lost about 24 lbs and when I think about those 24 pounds as a 5-lb bag of flour strapped to each arm and leg, and another on my belly, it seems like a much bigger accomplishment than when I just think conceptual pounds.
In the last year, I had noticed that when I'd step over something, that more often than not, I wasn't lifting up the trailing foot high enough to clear the object. I thought it was a sign of getting older. Recently, I noticed it wasn't happening any more and figured it was because I was getting more fit. But in writing the above, I realized that maybe it was because my leg had the equivalent of a 5-lb bag of flour attached and I wasn't compensating for it.
It's so nice when you notice something about yourself other than the scale rewards. I notice that sometimes without realizing it I am running & playing in the yard with the dogs. I never would have done that. I would have sat on the porch. I have a lot to go but I am so much more comfortable in my own body now that I just want to keep going. Feeling so much better already allows me to slack off though because I forget how far I have to go.