Notices

Eating out at restaurants

Old 01-10-2010, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default Eating out at restaurants

We eat out at least once a week but I find it hard to keep track of my calorie intake when I do. Is there a place on this website that give calorie count for menu items from popular restaurants? Breaking it up into individual items and guessing calorie count would be next to impossible. I tried to look up the restaurant to see if they had it broken down into calorie count per menu item, they didn't. I thought maybe I could customize it into "my own recipe" and have the calculator add it, but we don't always go to the same place. Please help. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:31 PM
FitDay Member

Calorie King also has a book that is small enough to take with you. I just saw it at Barnes and Noble last week. There was also another book by the authors of Eat This not That. It was just for restaurants and told what items to choose over others when eating out. I just glanced through it and don't remember if it told specific restaurants or not.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Sometimes if you go to the restaurants website they will have the breakdown for each dish. Some places don't and I use Calorie King.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=CC183;898]Suggestion:

link removed

Great site thank you. Really wake up call for those of us who eat out.

No more Fat Mo's for me they won't even list their calories.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 10-14-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Visit Bahama Breeze

The restaurant offers delicious dishes which are low on calories. As a result, you can order without worrying about the calorie intake. Learn more here:
Bahama Breeze Menu - Get The Caribbean Taste | ifood.tv
Old 10-14-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by waverunner66
We eat out at least once a week but I find it hard to keep track of my calorie intake when I do. Is there a place on this website that give calorie count for menu items from popular restaurants? Breaking it up into individual items and guessing calorie count would be next to impossible. I tried to look up the restaurant to see if they had it broken down into calorie count per menu item, they didn't. I thought maybe I could customize it into "my own recipe" and have the calculator add it, but we don't always go to the same place. Please help. Thanks.
Waverunner66 what i normally do is go to the resteraunt website under nutrition and I add a new cutom food to my list... that tends to work. The only time it is hard.. is if the food has cheese and mayo and you opt out of those 2 ingrediants then it is not as accurate as you would like but it is just an idea at least
Old 10-14-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=CC183;898]Suggestion:

link removed

Oh i like this idea too.. I need one of these for sure

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 10-14-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default eating out vs. cooking in

Hey guys, I have recently read an article about eating out in a restaurant vs. cooking at home. Here it is:

Doing the mathematics of eating at restaurants is generally simple - if the time you save not cooking is worth the extra price of a restaurant meal. One recent study claims that, with current price fluctuations, eating at restaurants may actually be less costly. Article resource: Eating out vs. cooking in

I guess, this must be studied very well. Because my oipinion about this topic is that, it's more costly when you eat at a restaurant and also it's not really that healthy unlike cooking your food at home, you are sure what you are eating, how clean it is, how safe to eat it and you'll control about the ingredients being put in there. What's your reaction with this article?