Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward! >

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward!

Old 04-29-2013, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward!

Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday! I'll get us going, if that's ok.

Goals, Monday and Tuesday
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!):
  • At least 2500ml water per day:
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550:
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1400mg:
  • Maintain 7-day fiber average of 15g:
  • No red entries on this section:
  • Study every day:

Goals, Wednesday thru Sunday
  • Use self-discipline, don't go hog-wild (be honest):
  • Make note of food (Fitday log to be completed upon return home):
  • At least 1000ml water per day:
  • Study every day:

This week will be a challenge. I'll be on the road from Wednesday through Sunday. That's why I've broken my goals into two sections. I'll be in hotels, restaurants, airports, highway rest areas and so forth. I'll have no control over what's available. I'll have no control over how it's prepared. What I will have control over is what I choose to eat and how much of it I'll consume.

I don't intend to be super strict. I will not be all salads and no cake. I intend to enjoy myself (looking forward to at least one big, juicy steak) and to thoroughly enjoy the foods I select. I'll only be able to estimate calories, sodium and fiber and I'm ok with that. I may end up gaining a few pounds and I'm ok with that, too. Weight fluctuates, that's just how it works. The true test is not this week; the test is what I do next week. Will I continue to eat like I'm away from home or will I get back with the program? I'm betting I'll have my fun and then get right back on program.

After all, I have Fitday reports to make!

Hope you all have a great Monday!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Only made half my goals last week. This week I'll try again!:
  • Workout > 150 min/wk:
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day:
  • Cholesterol < 200mg:
  • Vegetables > 3 / day:
  • Protein > 50 g / day:
  • Do something I've never done before
Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back. I need to get more disciplined. Spring cleaned the house now it's time to work on myself!

Goals for the week
1. Eat 4 servings of fruits and veggies
2. 6 glasses of water
3. Eat within carb allowance
4. Exercise
5. Write
6. Realize I am worth it and I am doing this for me!!

Jenn
Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

epi - your travelling strategy sounds wise. Congrats on your 15 pounds gone!

I'm going to take a week off from counting calories. (But I'm going to weigh myself every day - if I go up - it's back to logging.) I work from home, so it's been easy for me to log what I eat. If I eat 2 almonds, I log it. What I've been eating is so basic, that I always make my calorie goal unless I binge on something I shouldn't. I've been eating:

Breakfast - either a 1-egg omelet with 2-4 veggies and a half-slice of cheese, or a hot cereal (1/4 c oatmeal, 1 tbs oat bran, 1 tbs ground flax seed, 4 chopped almonds, 1/2 c skim milk)

Lunch & Dinner are a small portion of fish, meat, or poultry with 2 vegetables, or a large salad with meat & vegetables

2-3 snacks (7 almonds, fruit, boiled egg -on days I have cereal), plain yogurt, string cheese, etc.)

It's basic, but not really boring, as there are so many variations.

My weight hasn't moved for a couple of weeks again. So this week, instead of logging, I'm going to do 2-3 min of jumping jacks, running in place, squats, etc. in place of logging. This will be in addition to the one-hour of movement goal. I'll do it before meal prep.
1. 3 meals + 2-3 snacks (no extra snacking)
2. 2-3 min. exercise before meal prep, snacks.
3. An hour extra movement a day:
4. No sugar, white flour:
5. Small bites and put fork down between bites.

Last edited by carolynnq; 04-29-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Good afternoon ladies. Last week was food fest for me. I gained weight but I don't know how much. I got on the scale and it said 185.2, stepped off and got right back on to 186.0, then again to 184.2 so I have no idea.

I'll try to post some goals later.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

So I finished out last week pretty weak in the exercise dept. I did walk 10-1/2 miles during the week and managed to lose 1.2lbs. During the weekend I got much laundry done and my cabinets wiped down so those are two of the goals that were on the list that weren't checked off yet.

This week life is much the same except Friday night is Prom night for my 16 yr old and his SR girlfriend that I have never met. I need a smiley that is biting his fingernails!

Goals for the week
1. Lots of water
2. Walk on lunch (8 miles goal)
3. Supposed to be rainy so if I can't walk on lunch a day workout at night that night and deduct 2 miles from walking goal
4. Take Chloe for one walk before work
5. Planned foods except dinner

Life Goals
1. Stick with the honesty
2. Keep the house clean for company this weekend
3. Don't fret about the prom. He will be fine.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back to those who trailed off at the end of last week, Jenn, Mike and whoever else is out there reading posts.

Jenn- I really love your last goal. A little self-compassion goes a long way.

Epixi, that was such a good idea to break up your goals the way you have, that should work well.

Carolynnq......you and I both, the scales moves barely if at all. Although I feel that my body is changing. I decided that I need to increase my muscle mass to speed up my metabolism.

This weeks goals:

1. Go to gym for weights 1x: Done (Mon)
2. Lap swim 1x (Aiming for Thursday)
3. Walk 12km-spread out over the week.(2.5km so far)
4. As work slows to a normal pace don't start adding stuff.

I never keep track of how much fruit and veggies I am getting, get this 8 servings today. I feel that I have truly changed "the way that I eat". I already have salad made for lunch tomorrow, and a nice piece of fish......I have not had take out in weeks. It's nice because I am losing my interest in junkfood, I feel like I have detoxed. Weight loss or not I feel really good.

Robin
Old 04-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Hi all, joining in and will try to stick with it .

I did really well last week on food but I was so short on time I didn't log at all; didn't post, either. This week I will try to get back to logging and posting; I know it's going to be hectic. Here are my goals:

1. Do the best I can.
2. Check in and report how that went.

April, prom? Did I miss the story? Aww...

Epixi, I hope you make the most of your half-week on the road, in an indulgent but sensible fashion. Safe travels!

Jenn, I like the way you're prioritizing. Fight that good fight this week!

Donna, at least you made goals last week. That's half the battle. Wishing you a good week.

Carolynnq and Robin, I hope the scale moves for you ladies this week. Your hard work is paying off and eventually it will show pound-wise.

Mike, whatever the number is, you know you can get it off quickly...hope it's a better food week for you.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Robin - I'm noticing body changes too (losing inches, more toned), so I'm not too discouraged - and I'm happy with myself for meeting my goals most of the time. When I wrote my earlier post, I thought about you - with all you do (walking, TKD, yoga - and who knows what else you're keeping from us!), the pounds ought to be flying off you.

Mike - didn't you just get a new scale? I've got an old-fashioned dial, so I can't see the fractions of pounds.

April - will you get to meet your son's date?
Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

Goals, Monday and Tuesday
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes
  • At least 2500ml water per day: 2500
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550: 1546
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1400mg: 1188
  • Maintain 7-day fiber rolling average of 15g: 14
  • No red entries on this section: Monday
  • Study every day: yes

Goals, Wednesday thru Sunday
  • Use self-discipline, don't go hog-wild (10=superdisciplined, 1=hog-wild -- be honest):
  • Make note of food (Fitday log to be completed upon return home):
  • At least 1000ml water per day:
  • Study every day:

That darn fiber. I was only able to shove 14g in yesterday and that was with cheating (fiber tabs). By the end of the day, I was left with a hard choice: if I ate a little more, I'd get the 15g of fiber but I'd ruin the 7-day calorie average. I chose to keep the calories low and take the red entry for fiber . I don't want to try the psy husk until I return home. If it doesn't agree with me for some reason, I don't want to be on the road. So, until then, I suppose fiber and I will just have to continue to battle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.