View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #85 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

April, thanks for sharing your "backstory". What a blessing to have such a loving and supportive family. I know it's good to have goals that aren't too easy - and it feels so much better to meet a goal that we had to work a bit for. You sound like you lead such a busy life with your work & family (and dogs) that I wondered if you simply don't have time to do all you have on your goal list.

Donna - you have to watch who you hang out with!

Robin - You are so multi-talented with your yoga and TKD - and teaching awards! Hope your son had a good birthday - I'm sure he did with that cheesecake. I love cheesecake. America's Test Kitchen has a great recipe for lemon cheesecake - the crust is made from animal crackers - that I've made several times. When my middle son got married, he and his now-wife asked me to make the cake. I agreed. Then they decided on 3 different mini cheesecakes a person. That was fine. Then they wanted a tiered wedding cheesecake. OMG - I'd never do that again. It came out well in the end, but it was like making a tiered cake out of jello, and the frosting wasn't sticking - and the caterer asked for the recipe (it was from the Wilton website).

epi - Great job on the numbers. And good for you for resisting temptation last night.

1. Calories under 1300: 1286, 1269, 702 (too low, I know, it just worked out that way), 1055, 1101
2. An hour extra movement a day: N , N, Y, Y,Y
3. No sugar, white flour: N (ate 4 potstickers), N (6 pretzels), Y, Y,Y
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.- getting better at stretching snacks and meals out
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote