View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

Welcome, IrishLass. I'm struggling with the same issues, only for me they happened after menopause. It is frustrating - I have to eat less and exercise more just to maintain the SAME weight, so losing weight is difficult.

When I feel like "why bother?", I try to remind myself that I'm eating well and exercising not only to lose weight, but hopefully to prevent getting diabetes which both my mother and maternal grandmother had. And I remind myself of the benefits so far - my clothes are looser, I have more energy, and my aerobic endurance has greatly improved.

10 lbs isn't nothing! Keep it up and at the end of the year, you'll have lost 30 lbs more. The weight may not be coming off as fast as you'd like, but at least you're going in the right direction.

You might try changing your diet or exercise to see if that makes a difference. Maybe add some weight training in (I just use various size bottles of water), or on your exercise bike, do a 10-min interval workout instead of a 30-min moderate pace ride. Try a low-carb diet if you're not already doing that. If you're exercising later in the day, try exercising first thing in the morning. Sometimes it takes a change to kick our bodies into a new mode.
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote