Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This! >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Starting us off for the week! Let's make it a great one, folks -- we can do this!

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!):
  • At least 1500ml water per day:
  • At least 15g fiber per day:
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550:
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1400mg:
  • No red entries on this report:
  • Study every day:

Time for me to kick it up a notch (or, in the case of the sodium, kick it down a step). Starting today, I'm tracking fiber. That's going to be a difficult one for me and I anticipate a red entry or three before week's end. 15 is far lower than what I should have but I figure if I set the bar low to start, there's a better chance of making it . I'm also lowering my sodium stat. As of today, I'm aiming for a rolling average of 1400 instead of 1500. I toyed with the idea of upping the water from 1500ml to 2000ml, given that I averaged close to 2400ml per day last week, but I think two changes in a week is enough.

Hey, has anyone experimented with different sized plates? I switched us over to smaller plates last year and everyone has been pretty happy with it. My husband and I are both of the "clean plate" generation, so smaller plates give us the satisfaction of doing a "good job". The one thing I didn't switch was bowls. That changes officially today.

I bought smaller bowls last year but never started using them. Over this past weekend, however, I use one for cereal. That 1-cup of cereal used to look so lonely in the bigger bowl (and therefore ALWAYS had to be kept company by a second cupful); in the new smaller bowl, one cup filled it to nearly overflowing. Sweet!

Anyway, let's go, everyone! Happy Monday, and Happy Earth Day for those of us in the US (I'm not sure if it's recognized in other parts of the world)!

Last edited by episode2011; 04-22-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan food (except maybe Friday)
2) stick to plan (except maybe Friday)
3) 6 glasses of water
4) lower sugar (except maybe Friday unless I find a sf dessert)
5) stretch
6) move, even small amount
7) practice Spanish
8) meditate
9) don't give up

Plan:
1 c Cheerios with almond milk
1 egg, 1 egg white with 2 slices no nitrite bacon
grilled salmon with broccoli
apple
orange
12-14 pecans
1 serving smoked salmon
2 no nitrite turkey, organic chees roll ups
1 Vitamuffins

all that comes in under 1200 calories

Epixi, thank you, thank you for starting us out!!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-22-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Where is everyone?
Old 04-22-2013, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Spent the day Saturday taking oldest son (16) to rent his tux & shoes and pre-order the corsage to take his friend (18) to her senior prom next Friday night. I didn't even know he had a girl he was interested in until I heard that she asked him to take her to her prom. ... Then it was home to watch movies and make home made pizza. Not the best of dinners. But it was well spent family time so I'm over the negative of it.

Stayed awake Sunday when hubby left for work at 6am and cleaned pretty much all day and make dinner until 5pm. Got all three bathrooms nice and clean, did about 5 loads of laundry, made the kids clean their rooms, dusted the whole house thoroughly including anything hanging on walls (we just did new flooring in the fam room and it created so much dust), washed & rehung every curtain in the house, swept all floors and the garage where we walk through the come in the house, chased the dogs over to the neighbor's house, etc. etc. Then spent the evening laying around watching tv.

Tried a new recipe for dinner last night. It was very good. 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 cup greek nonfat yogurt, 1/4 cup each parmesan cheese & italian bread crumbs. Mix the yogurt & parmesan in a bowl, Spread mixture evenly on top of chicken on a baking sheet. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake at 425 about 20-25 minutes or till cooked through. Yum! Even the picky kid liked it!

Goals for this week....
1. Lots of water
2. Exercise 2 times before work
3. Exercise 2 times after work
4. Take Chloe for 1 walk (30 mins)
5. Planned foods during work & snack
6. Walk 9 miles on lunches

Life Goals...
1. Be honest (even the white lies)
2. Do something to the rest of the laundry daily
3. Wipe down kitchen cabinets

Hope...I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain lately. I wish a healing for you soon.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
...spent the evening laying around watching tv...
Slacker...

(just kidding- you did more in a day that I typically do in a week! )
Old 04-22-2013, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Where is everyone?
Good morning, Hope! I'm wondering if folks are having problems logging in today. I know Fitday freaked out a bit for me this morning. I was logged in for my Food Log but as soon as I went to Forums, I wasn't. That resolved itself eventually, but later, as I was in the process of making a reply to you, it freaked out again. So, who knows -- they may all be there, champing at the bit to post and simply can't get through the gate.

Anyway, Hope, great goals for you again. I especially like Don't Give Up. Hope you're feeling better. Hey, there's a Positive Mental Image for you: Hope, you're feeling better .
Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

April, I love your goals. I love the oneaobut lies. Thank you for your sympathy and compassion. I start out every day ambitious, then the pain just overtakes me. I am really struggling with it here. It helps to have you guys!! I am also lucky to have friends and family but I hate to keep complaining to you all. So cute about your son and prom. The dinner sounds like it came out yummy!!!

Epixi, let us know if the plate size continues to be successful. I've heard from others that it can be. The author of a funny book on diet and health Drop Dead Healthy claims it was for him too.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
Good morning, Hope! I'm wondering if folks are having problems logging in today. I know Fitday freaked out a bit for me this morning. I was logged in for my Food Log but as soon as I went to Forums, I wasn't. That resolved itself eventually, but later, as I was in the process of making a reply to you, it freaked out again. So, who knows -- they may all be there, champing at the bit to post and simply can't get through the gate.

Anyway, Hope, great goals for you again. I especially like Don't Give Up. Hope you're feeling better. Hey, there's a Positive Mental Image for you: Hope, you're feeling better .
I wondered about the log in too.

I love the mental image!!!

I may have to go write in bed... having trouble sitting in this chair... too painful...more later...
Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

I'm back, after a week of slipping and sliding.

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0
Monday 4/01/13 - 186.0
Monday 4/08/13 - 183.4
Monday 4/15/13 - 180.2
Monday 4/22/13 - 183.0

1) Lose 3.2 pounds (gotta get in the 170's)
2) 100+ ounces of water per day
3) post daily
4) take all vitamins daily
Old 04-22-2013, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi and yes Epixi, log in problems today. I love your smaller plate idea I always thought of it but didn't try it.

April, I already went to the store and bought the ingredients to make those chicken breasts. Sounds really yummy.

Mike- I really thought you were going to make the 170's last week, at least you know exactly where you are at and why (Fitday huh- nothing like tracking).

I haven't decided on my goals yet but I think I am going to try to get to the gym for weight training. Did sun salutations yesterday and they definitely could have been better- time for some serious muscle building

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.