View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

epixi - “(nibbles and "tastes" count!)” LOL. Yep. I just logged 2 almonds. I’ve been trying to do that all along - I’m sure I forget to log a few though. I
find it very motivating sometimes. If I eat one chip and log in 14 calories, it’s not much in terms of overall calories, but it makes me see how just 9 more chips would be 140. Good for you for tracking your sodium. I’m going to start doing that at some point.

April - how fun doing the prom stuff with your son! I hope you entered all of your cleaning into your activity log. The chicken sounds delicious. But I’m all for white lies. A neighbor gave us some bran muffins. They were on the dry side, but I just thanked him and told him they were delicious and didn’t mention anything about them being dry. If someone asks how I like a new outfit they’re wearing and I think it makes them look heavy around the hips, I’m not going to say that. I’ll instead compliment them on the color of the outfit or something. I think it all depends on the situation, how well you know the person, and whether telling the truth will make a difference. For example, if I was shopping with a friend who tried on an outfit and asked how I liked it, I’d tell her I thought it made her look heavy around the hips because being honest at that point could have an impact.

Hope - Complain to us all you want. We want you to tell it like it is. I have a guided-imagery CD “A Meditation to Help Ease Pain” by Belleruth Naparstek. Check out the description on Amazon. Last year my 90-yr-old MIL was diagnosed with out of control ovarian cancer. She came to live with us for hospice care. I bought this CD for her and she liked listening to it and it seemed to help. If you’d like to try it, just PM me your address and I’d be happy to mail it to you. It's just sitting unused here.

Robin - walking, gym, yoga - you do it all!

Mike - this is going to be the week of the 70s for you.

1. Calories under 1300:
2. An hour extra movement a day:
3. No sugar, white flour:
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.- getting better at stretching snacks and meals out
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote