View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
episode2011
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Starting us off for the week! Let's make it a great one, folks -- we can do this!

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!):
  • At least 1500ml water per day:
  • At least 15g fiber per day:
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550:
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1400mg:
  • No red entries on this report:
  • Study every day:

Time for me to kick it up a notch (or, in the case of the sodium, kick it down a step). Starting today, I'm tracking fiber. That's going to be a difficult one for me and I anticipate a red entry or three before week's end. 15 is far lower than what I should have but I figure if I set the bar low to start, there's a better chance of making it . I'm also lowering my sodium stat. As of today, I'm aiming for a rolling average of 1400 instead of 1500. I toyed with the idea of upping the water from 1500ml to 2000ml, given that I averaged close to 2400ml per day last week, but I think two changes in a week is enough.

Hey, has anyone experimented with different sized plates? I switched us over to smaller plates last year and everyone has been pretty happy with it. My husband and I are both of the "clean plate" generation, so smaller plates give us the satisfaction of doing a "good job". The one thing I didn't switch was bowls. That changes officially today.

I bought smaller bowls last year but never started using them. Over this past weekend, however, I use one for cereal. That 1-cup of cereal used to look so lonely in the bigger bowl (and therefore ALWAYS had to be kept company by a second cupful); in the new smaller bowl, one cup filled it to nearly overflowing. Sweet!

Anyway, let's go, everyone! Happy Monday, and Happy Earth Day for those of us in the US (I'm not sure if it's recognized in other parts of the world)!

50-something female, 5'6"
Overall Goal = Lose 75 pounds
  • Feb 1: Restarted... again... for the umpteenth time
  • Status as of July 15 = 20.5 pounds released (even though this body is quite reluctant to give them up)

Last edited by episode2011; 04-22-2013 at 02:06 PM.
episode2011 is offline   Reply With Quote