View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 01:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lizzycritter
FitDay Member

I often read but don't post b/c I don't meet the thread's criteria. Especially true with the 5-15 lb club. I have more than that to lose, but my mindset seems to match the girls there the best. I also read the 100lb club, because I have a friend who fits the category, and it helps me to deal with her issues with more sensitivity, while giving me perspective that I can't save her and I won't feel guilty that I've had more success. I don't think she's really ready to lose the weight, she'd have to deal with a lot of emotional issues if she couldn't use her weight as an excuse to not try. (Almeeker, your head is on solid shoulders and you've helped me to understand my friend a lot better...I wish you continued success.) I'm not heavy enough to justify surgery, but I would not criticize anyone who's had it done. It is a tool, nothing more and nothing less. If your mind is in a good place, it can be just what's needed to keep physical appetite under control. But if your head isn't in a good place.... then nothing in the world will help you. There is no magic pill, no miracle diet, no magical hormone to place under your tongue. NO MATTER WHAT METHOD YOU CHOOSE, YOU WILL HAVE TO DO THE WORK OR YOU WILL FAIL. Weight loss surgery is not an easy way out. I hope you find someone to share the journey with.

Starting weight:182
Current weight: 140
Goal weight: 135
Lizzycritter is offline   Reply With Quote