View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #67 (permalink)
episode2011
FitDay Member

Carolynn, not only did I teach my husband to drive, I did it on a stick-shift. To me, that's a valuable skill. I wish I'd had a stick shift on which to teach my son. Maybe one day. Oh, and I love your MIL's story! Let's see, I think my trees would be: gum (I'm a gum fiend, but thankfully, I don't smack or pop), REAL coffee with REAL cream (no sugary coffee-drinks or half 'n half), steak (medium rare, thank you), bbq ribs and chicken (is it cheating if the chicken also provides eggs?). Is it ok if I plant a little pancake bush in the corner? Notice, not a fruit or vegetable in sight, hehe.

Mike, thank you for sharing John's video. Considering all he's been through, he's looking well. It had to be encouraging to see such a great turnout.

Donna, great job on the workouts! You've already exceeded your goal for the week and there's still more week to go!

Tori, hooray for a down scale!

Hope, you've been very busy! I'm so glad you're out and about!

Amyrose, you're ending the week on such a strong note! I hear you about the body image disconnect. The woman in my mirror looks a bit different from the me I imagine. When you get that non-hunger-inspired urge to eat, have you tried gum? Sugarless, of course. Maybe it could help satisfy that need to chew on something.

April, I'll echo what Carolynn said: Good job with the walking!

For all who mentioned tea, try as I might, I just cannot get into the stuff. I've tried all sorts, too. Ice tea is ok, but hot tea? No way. For some reason, my mind always associates tea with illness. It just seems like sad, watered-down coffee.

If I missed anyone, it wasn't intentional. Anyway, as for me:

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2000ml, yes, 2500ml, 2500+ml
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1496/1415, 1350/1422, 1560/1532, 1235/1458
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1426/882, 1900/938, 865/993, 648/1026
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes

Well, the calories are back in line (whew) but I still need to keep watch on the sodium. If I'm "good" today and tomorrow, I should be ok.

I've been posting goals and results for the last couple of weeks and it has been REALLY helpful. It's helping me focus on how I want to manage this food/weight issue. It's keeping it all fresh and exciting, not so routine and humdrum. Thank you all for your comments and support, not just to me but most especially to one another. We're all in this together!

((Gather round, folks, I feel a grouphug coming on)) Have a great weekend, everyone!

50-something female, 5'6"
Overall Goal = Lose 75 pounds
  • Feb 1: Restarted... again... for the umpteenth time
  • Status as of July 15 = 20.5 pounds released (even though this body is quite reluctant to give them up)
episode2011 is offline   Reply With Quote