View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
db803
FitDay Member

Default Potassium NOT being tabulated correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebabbie View Post
I have been baffled by my nutritional profile recently, so I manually added my potassium, sodium, calcium and vitamin E. All four of them were different from the totals of the foods entered. Potassium, which should have been 12%, is 9%; sodium, which should have been 2%, is 4%; calcium, which should have been 33%, is 28%; vitamin E, which should have been 1%, is 2%.

I could understand if, for example, there was "rounding off"; however, there was sodium in only one item. It was listed in the item as 2%, but on my total nutrition as 4%. And Vitamin E, listed in the single item as 1% has become 2%.

Also, I could understand if the total nutrition tables were adjusted for my particular caloric requirements rather than the FDA standard of 2000 calories; however, that does not explain why some numbers go up, and others go down.

Could someone please explain the methodology to me?
JUST A COMMENT ON YOUR OBSERVATION:

I also just manually entered potassium supplement data. Each tablet provides 3% which is how I entered the info into FitDay.

But when I watch the calculations, they don't combine together in increments of 3%. i.e. 3, 6, 9, etc.

I've also noticed this problem with Vitamin A and something else.

Apparently, FitDay cares not about this bug in their system as they never responded to my email nor on this board that I can see.

SOOOooooooo. My advice is to consider the calculations in-accurate and more of a guide. Its not operating correctly.
db803 is offline   Reply With Quote