Yep, April, I can relate. Before my son got his permit, both he and my husband came to me separately and essentially said, "You know you need to be the one to do this, right?" With the two of their personalities, it would not have worked well. In fact, my husband was only in the car with him twice before he got his license...and he had the permit for 14 months!
The first time, I wanted DS to drive to the restaurant, about 7 minutes away. DH looked totally stricken, climbed into the 3rd row of seats in the van, put his iPod in, threw a jacket over his head, and said, "Just go..." It was pathetic.
Looks like everyone is doing well this week. I wish I had more time to chat.
1. Keep cals below 1300. 793, 1187, 835
2. Some form of exercise daily. Short session with weights, C25K, Nope, home after 9 and full day
3. Say no at least once. Yes, and it was not pretty I should have today but I didn't
4. Stay caught up with work to keep weekend reasonably free. So far, so good, Same today, Pretty good
5. Take vitamins and supplements. Forgot fish oil; others yes, Yes, Yes
6. Do something fun at least 4 times. Watched a bit of Netflix with the boy; rest of day = decidedly unfun, Three hours of exciting HS tennis, Tonight was volunteer night; my son and I teach tennis for Special Olympics Wed. nights for the two months prior to the games...very fun!