Notices

password entry required

Old 04-16-2013, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default password entry required

has anyone figured out a way to enter the site without having to enter a password every time using google chrome? From what i've read, chrome does not allow password saving for https sites for security reasons.

Any reason we need such high security standards to just enter our food log?

any help is appreciated
Old 04-16-2013, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

It's a bit annoying, isn't it!

You can modify firefox to override and force it to remember password on an https.

However, once a new update is installed, it will overwrite it.

I don't know about chrome or IE.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

VERY Annoying.

i found a chrome plugin called "autocomplete=on" which might work. but apparently it also remembers many field entries too. Sounds more annoying than this.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

This has been a request for quite some time. I'm sorry it is annoying.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

I used to be able to stay logged in by leaving a tab open in the forums but they changed that this week. Yes it is real annoying when you haven't had to deal with it for a long time.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ahappieru
I used to be able to stay logged in by leaving a tab open in the forums but they changed that this week. Yes it is real annoying when you haven't had to deal with it for a long time.
It hasn't changed for me on the classic version.

I'm using FF, not Chrome but I haven't had to override anything. I just checked *remember me last time I signed in.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Administrator

It will help if you can leave a tab open on FD logged in -- this should keep you from being logged out so often.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

It doesn't remember the password for me in any browser. I've tried 3 so far - IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Also, it kicks you out after a few minutes of inactivity as if it's some banking site. I like the idea of the site and the way it's organized (better than sparkpeople I also took a look at), but it's extremely buggy and annoying, and I think I'll run out of patience soon...

I was actually searching to see if other people have similar experiences because the site seems to have a problem with my version of IE (8) and tries to switch to compatibility mode. The other 2 browsers are up to date, though... Firefox updates all the time and I just downloaded Chrome. It's not any browser-specific issue like the developers often like to ask and attempt to attribute their issues to.

There are also all kinds of errors occurring often for no reason whatsoever. For instance, this morning I couldn't add custom food called "creamer." Nothing different than any other custom food. Just out of curiosity I changed its name. It went through, believe it or not! As if "creamer" is some word reserved for code and/or HTML! Makes no sense!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:10 PM
FitDay Member

Bump.

I'll add another vote for this feature. The Daily Plate/Livestrong lets you remain logged in for weeks at a time. Why can't Fitday?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:21 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Another vote to keep one logged in. I enter foods and activities all day long and it is uber annoying to enter the data and then have it look like it accepts it and then you lose the entry and it says log in. OMG, it's not like this is a bank account or some kind of top secret platform - it's just a diet log, lol.

BTW, I'm on a Mac, Safari. I'll look around for something that will make it appear a keystroke is going into the journal or something, perhaps a space. If the app senses you are typing it won't log you out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.