Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to) >

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Where are you guys? Fine, I will start.

1) 1300 calories or less except on group dinner/movie night Saturday
2) 6 glasses of water, count them
3) do not slack on the stretching
4) walk or mild gym...
5)... but do not overdo
6) meditate
7) read a poem a day (April is National Poetry month AND my birthday month.)
8) lose between a pound or two this week and do not find it again!!!
9) practice Spanish

And you?

Last edited by canary52; 04-08-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Miiiiiiiiiike, Caaaaaaaaaasie, three of us started threads this week. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

I'll roll mine up into yours, Hope .

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions:
  • At least 1500ml water per day:
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550:
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg:
  • Study every day:

Hope, I hope your plateau is broken! Wouldn't that be a great way to start off a new week?

Carolyn, your comment last week regarding my goal of 4-week averages made me re-evaluate a few things. While 4-weeks gives a good "big-picture", it may be too broad for monitoring purposes. This week, I'm going to try using the 7-day rolling average, instead. Thanks for helping me re-think things!

New week, new start! Let's go!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

I'm keeping the same goals as last week

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits and veggies
2. 6 glasses of water minimum
3. Eat within carb limit
4. Exercise 5X for 30 mins (even if it's 15 mins twice)
5. No donuts, muffins--JUST COFFEE!!!
6. Lose 2lbs--Putting this out there as a goal so at least have it in my head
7. Log

I need to start eating more fruits and veggies! I have gained another pound and it is definetely going in the wrong direction! I know I am eating too many carbs so I need to start logging again so I can keep an eye on calories.
I really wanted to lose weight before my birthday in June.

Jenn
Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, I am with you on the fruits and veg. Fruits I can do. Veg is harder for me. I like em but I'm lazy.

Epixi, I am DETERMINED to break my plateau!!! Then part of me says should I just accept myself as I am and the other part says I'm hungry. So you see what I'm dealing with here: the many me's, haha.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!
Im not jumping back o the weight loss wagon-just back on the fitday wagon as I have been mia!!

I am have lot a little over 6 pounds in 2weeks. The only thing different is that I have been taking my thyroid meds (I reorder through the mail and there was over a month lag-I know I know) and I haven't walked in over a week.

I am 5 weeks ago from vaca and my goal is in sight! If I continue with the momentum I'll meet it!

This weeks goals:

1) Continue with good log and 1,400 calories a day
2) Add in 30 minutes of exercise every day (walking now that the weather is nice)
Old 04-08-2013, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

I stuck this one, because this is the one everyone posted in. I'll delete the others. I wanted to wait for Kali, I wanted to give her a chance to copy and paste her goals
Old 04-08-2013, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by whyme7
Good Morning!
Im not jumping back o the weight loss wagon-just back on the fitday wagon as I have been mia!!

I am have lot a little over 6 pounds in 2weeks. The only thing different is that I have been taking my thyroid meds (I reorder through the mail and there was over a month lag-I know I know) and I haven't walked in over a week.

I am 5 weeks ago from vaca and my goal is in sight! If I continue with the momentum I'll meet it!

This weeks goals:

1) Continue with good log and 1,400 calories a day
2) Add in 30 minutes of exercise every day (walking now that the weather is nice)
Welcome whyme. You're doing great!!! Great to have a vaca as incentive. Walking is one of my goals too now that the weather will hopefully be nice.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Mike!!! Where are your goals? No poem? Oh and no beard? Pic? How does GF feel about the lack of beard?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

I finally broke through my 155 plateau. What I’m most happy about, though, is not gorging on some Trader Joe almond croissants. Each one was 360 calories!!!! I ate a third of one (so I failed on no sugar & white flour yesterday). But I’m so pleased with myself that I was able to stop with that one piece (the FitDay food log was in my mind).

Kali - from your post on the other thread - 8 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome. Congrats.

epixi - yeah, for me, at least for now, eating is a one day at a time thing. I don’t beat myself up if I go over because most days I’m under, but I need that daily goal to strive for.

Hope - this can be the week you break your plateau. I know with your movement issues, you can’t do as much as you’d like.I hear you about the dichotomy in the messages we send ourselves. Love yourself the way you are -- but part of the way you are is your drive to learn and grow. You’re doing that with your writing and learning Spanish. And you’re also doing that with your desire to be at a more healthful weight.

Jenn - most mornings I sautee some spinach or green beans, onions,chopped tomatoes, and mushrooms, add an egg and 1/3 slice of pepper jack cheese. That’s at least 1 serving of veg out of the way.

whyme - 6 lbs in 2 weeks. That’s fantastic!

1. Calories under 1400
2. An hour extra movement a day
3. No sugar, white flour
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.-Working on it and I'm remembering to do it more often.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.