Notices

2 things: Net carb calculator and Water tracking

Old 04-09-2013, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up 2 things: Net carb calculator and Water tracking

I'd like to suggest adding a formula that tracks your net carbs, and one that tracks your water intake.

Thank you!
Terradon
Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there, Gardenpixie! I don't know how to track net carbs on Fitday, but I do know how to track water. There is a Water, Tap entry in the database already. You can add that to your Food Log and track it like you'd track any other food. There are also Bottled Water entries. And, of course, you could make a Custom Food, if, for example, you like to add additives to your water (lemon, lime, Crystal Light or whatever).

There is also a "Water as an Ingredient" entry but personally I think that's more trouble than it's worth.

Anyway, just a few ways you can track water .
Old 04-09-2013, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

episode2011, thanks for that tip, i was looking for it as well.

Question, after its added as part of the food log, is there a water-graph, like there is calorie-intake? Let me know, thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Supernu, I don't know if there is a specific water graph, but here's what I do to keep an eye on water consumption, specifically: I set up Water as a Custom Nutrition Goal. How? Glad you asked!

On the Food Log page, look for that big pie chart (how cruel to use pie charts on a site that's helping us live more healthfully! hehe). Above and slightly to the left of the chart are 5 tabs: Calories, Nutrition, %-RDA, Cal. Balance and Custom Nutrition Goals. Custom Nutrition Goals is the one you want. Click on it and and look a little below for a link called Setup Your Nutrition Goals. Click that link and it will take you to a page where you can decide on specific things you'd like to track.

You can tell Fitday what you want to track and what you would like as a minimum/maximum per day. For example, I have it set to give me a maximum Sodium of 1500mg per day and a minimum Water of 1500ml (the Custom Nutrition page uses grams, but since 1ml=1g, it doesn't matter) per day. I don't have a maximum goal for water -- I let my bladder set the max each day .

In any event, hope that helps! Good luck with your tracking!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you episode2011

That was really helpful!