Notices

So, where are all you runners?

Old 04-15-2010, 08:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default So, where are all you runners?

Lots of folks logged into the running thread a couple of months ago. So how is the training going???
Big congrats to all of the Couch to 5kers. The running habit can be a little hard to get started, but as long as the weather is OK and you have a safe place to do it, it is an exercise that has tons of benefits, but doesn't cost a ton of money to get into.

I'd love to see how everyone is progressing, read the trials and tribulations, and cheer the triumphs.

As "the penquin" from Runners Worlds says: Waddle on my friends!

Pam
Old 04-18-2010, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Right now, I'm 5'10", 120 lbs and run a mile in 6 mins, excatly. Is that good or bad. I'm shooting for the low 5 minutes, just haven't got there yet.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

I usually take a ride on the elliptical, but yesterday I ran, not on a tread but around the gym and through the halls in the school. It was a completely different workout than I'm used to, and today I'm sore all over.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

I ran a 5 mile race today on the shoreline in Rhode Island. Time - 42:25 or 8:29/mile

I finished 72 of 151.

I had a real good recovery week after the half-marathon last Sunday.

Now on to a 5K next Sunday.

Keep running folks!
Old 04-18-2010, 03:42 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Well done Skypilot

Ran hills today. Pretty slow but the ups and downs were great. 8 miles total about an hour and a half.
Next week will be a challenge as I am on a business trip, but one can only do what one can.

Next weekend is a long run.

So Almeeker, what did you think about your off -readmill run? Most of the time sore is good, but too sore can be discouraging. Don't get discouraged! We all start out the same way... putting one foot in front of the other.

DJ, 6 min miles are fabulous! At my best I can't get much under 8 min. Super work!

Run on friends!

Last edited by RunbikeSki; 04-18-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: missing response.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

RBS -- good work on the hills. There is great payoff doing the hills.

Being on a business trip may mean a few days off. The truth is that a few days off actually does the body good. I just think we're all paranoid that taking a day off may lead to a month off.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Ran a 5K race yesterday with a time of 23:44.

The combination of losing weight and continued training is paying off.

That is certainly my best time since I was about 39 years old.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Time off = good long run

As expected I ended up doing no running and only a 3 mile power walk with friends during my business trip. I stayed pretty true to the diet, but did end up with an extra glass of beer or wine than normal each night. Got home on Friday to a pretty full social calendar so I didn't get around to my long run (13 miles this week) until Sunday and it went wonderfully. Nothing speedy at 10:15 miles, but it was very consisitent and I felt pretty good at the end. So fear not the short break in training!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still a beginner runner. I've been going since January. I didn't think I'd last this long. Just recently I started doing leg, arm and ab exercises on my off running days.
So my week goes like this: Arms, abs and bike on Sunday, run Monday, legs & bike Tuesday, run Wednesday, arms, abs & bike Thursday, run Friday, rest Saturday.

Yesterday I had one of my better workouts. I'm still not quite able to run for 3 miles straight (I need to get into gear, my first 5k is June 12th!). So for yesterday I ran 1 mile, walked .5, ran 1, walked .5, ran 1. My 3rd mile was 1:35 shorter than the first.

Exercising has become a daily routine as much as getting up for work in the morning haha
I'm proud of myself.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by doowackie
I'm still a beginner runner. I've been going since January. I didn't think I'd last this long. Just recently I started doing leg, arm and ab exercises on my off running days.
So my week goes like this: Arms, abs and bike on Sunday, run Monday, legs & bike Tuesday, run Wednesday, arms, abs & bike Thursday, run Friday, rest Saturday.

Yesterday I had one of my better workouts. I'm still not quite able to run for 3 miles straight (I need to get into gear, my first 5k is June 12th!). So for yesterday I ran 1 mile, walked .5, ran 1, walked .5, ran 1. My 3rd mile was 1:35 shorter than the first.

Exercising has become a daily routine as much as getting up for work in the morning haha
I'm proud of myself.
Good job doowack! Keep it up and you'll cruise on the 5K. Then with a race under your belt you'll be hooked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.