Notices

Need A little help,please

Old 04-04-2013, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Need A little help,please

I have been logging in since about Feb. 1, I weighed in at 276 and I just weighed in at 261. I am 6'-1" and 68 years old. I work out and run 6 days per week and take Fit Club classes 2 days for 50 minutes. I have cut white bread and pasta from my diet, diet soad, pie, cake, sugars. eat tons of veggies and fruit and get 6 to 8 hours of sleep per night.Probably need to drink more water.
I feel that I should have lost much more and I do not understand Fit Day !
There are no instructions or advise. Each day I look under weight log and all I find is minus -351 cals. What am I doing wrong ?

Jack
Old 04-05-2013, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Jack, You've lost 15 pounds in a little over a month and you are curious what is wrong? I'd say everything is going just fine! Losing 15 pounds in a YEAR is an accomplishment worthy of a big grin and a "Way to GO!"

Sounds like you are doing the right things! Atta Boy!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
Jack, You've lost 15 pounds in a little over a month...
Actually, from February 1 to now is a little over two months. BUT:

...Losing 15 pounds in a YEAR is an accomplishment worthy of a big grin and a "Way to GO!"

I wholeheartedly second this part!

By the way, Jack, you said you were confused on how to navigate Fitday. Can you be a bit more specific? What parts are troubling? With a few more details, people can chime in with suggestions to make the site more workable for you.

In any event, keep up the good work! It may not be as fast as you'd like (heh, weight loss never is), but you're heading in the right direction.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Jack, You've lost 15 pounds in a little over a month and you are curious what is wrong? I'd say everything is going just fine! Losing 15 pounds in a YEAR is an accomplishment worthy of a big grin and a "Way to GO!"

Exactly. 15 pounds since Feb 1 is a wonderful achievement. If you eat 500 calories a day less than your body needs, that would lead to a 1-lb a week weight loss. 50 min of vigorous exercise is about 370 calories. A half hour of jogging burns 195 calories. (Every 3500 calories burned is one pound.)

As frenchhen said, you're doing everything right. Keep it up!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Like I said before I log it all in but can not find instructions anywhere that says," eat less fats or eat more fruit or stop or start this or that". I am doing the FREE version,should I Premimum version and that will tell me what to do or suggest things to do. If I look at the materials on the " Weight" login at the bottom ,every day it will say
-345 or today it is -74 and today that was because I did my running etc plus worked in the yard all day. In reality, I lost 15 pounds in 2 months. Feb.1 to April 5.
Thanks for the codos though.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Losing about 2 lbs a week is great.

There are discussion threads here about various diets, but there is no information on the site about what you should be eating.

For weight loss, it's calories in (no matter where the calories come from), versus calories out (calories burned). You could get 100% of your calories from fat and still lose weight if you burned more calories than you took in.

You want to make sure you're getting enough of the various nutrients - you can how what you're eating stacks up from the tabs below the food log.

Other than that, it's finding an eating plan that works for you. I've basically been following the South Beach Diet - which concentrates on foods low on the glycemic index - because diabetes runs in my family.

The diet you described sounds healthful. I've also cut out foods with sugar and white flour. As to water consumption, if you're not thirsty and your urine is light in color, then your water consumption should be fine.

Some people
Old 04-05-2013, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sudimimi
Like I said before I log it all in but can not find instructions anywhere that says," eat less fats or eat more fruit or stop or start this or that".
I'm still new hear, been using the site for 1 week, on daily bases. The site will not tell you which food to eat. However, you can look at the articles section here FitDay: Free Diet & Weight Loss Journal there are some good information on there. Other links that may help;

How to Eat a Healthy Passover Seder / Nutrition

The Skinny on Fats / Nutrition

Originally Posted by sudimimi
In reality, I lost 15 pounds in 2 months. Feb.1 to April 5.
Hello! 15 lbs in 2 months is still not bad, good going!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Water is very important in weight loss, not only because it will flush the rubbish out of the body, or because it boosts metabolism with no calorie intake. The question should be what are you drinking instead of water? Coffee/Tea? Fizzy Drinks? A lot of people do not consider their calorie intake through drinks, although these can be substantial. Have a look at this blog for a bit more detail:

http://http://droppingpoundstips.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

The main thing is to get your diet under control. And help your body get rid of the undesired fat by exercising and burning it. A good way to replace sugar could be taking a Muscle Milk lite, it has zero sugar and a ton of protein that will satiate while also torching my sugar craving.

You can use cinnamon to sprinkle on your morning coffee or oatmeal, the spice will help stabilize blood sugar and helps you feel fuller longer. Get some vitamin C to help balance the cortisol spikes that happen when you feel stress and it also helps you burn fat faster. Try bell peppers, kale or kiwi fruits. Your body will still need some type of fat intake though. No sugars though. Good fats include foods rich in Omega 3′s, like salmon, avocados & walnuts. These foods are full of nutrients as well.

Avoid white carbohydrates - bread, rice, cereal, potatoes, pasta, and fried food with breading. If you avoid eating anything white, you’ll be in good shape. Get tons of sleep in order to keep levels of ghrelin low, which increases appetite, and decreases leptin, the protein hormone that tells you when you’re full.

Hope this serves of some useful information.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 05-09-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Contact FitDay if you would like to advertise.