Notices

Want to lose 25 lbs., Need Support

Old 04-21-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Want to lose 25 lbs., Need Support

Hello everyone!

I have used FitDay on and off for the past five years or so, and it has always helped me out so much with getting out of control eating under control. I am getting married in September, and somehow or another I have gained 30 pounds since my fiance and I got together back in Dec. 2006. I would really like to lose the weight I've gained, so I will be beautiful and feel good about myself on my wedding day. However, I am someone who really needs to be accountable, so I am hoping this forum will help me to be successful. I am not using any particular diet. Just watching calories, eating lots of fruits & vegetables, and trying to exercise daily.

Take care,
Kelli

Old 04-22-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi!
Good for you, Kelli! I've used Fitday before, too, but halfheartedly. I'm 41 years old and I'm 12 kg overweight (about 26.5 lbs.) - need to go from 72 kg (158.5 lbs.) to 60 kg (132 lbs, just the right weight for me at 5'7") I set my initial goal at 64 kg, to lose 8 kg ( 17.5 lbs.) because it was more realistic and I know those last 4 kg are the hardest to shed.
I'm also not using any particular diet other than watching what I eat, though because I know carbs are really hard for me to resist, I am trying to avoid any refined carbs. The food log here really helps me be attentive to what I eat!
If you want accountability, let's check in with each other here!

Last edited by jml2010; 04-22-2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: ticker won't work!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi Kelli! My goal is to lose 20 pounds and I've hit a plateau. It seems like I've been losing and gaining the same 10 pounds for the last 4 months. It's incredibly frustrating. I find myself using FitDay pretty religiously during the week to track my food, but find that over the weekends I completely ignore it and then find myself completely over eating, which then totally ruins all the good work I did during the week.

I hope we can both use this forum to keep each other accountable. I know you'll totally be able to lose 'love weight' - don't worry - i gained weight too during my engagement - there's something about being in love, comfortable and happy. :-) Good luck! And i'll see you back on the forum.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there!

I am also looking for someone to hold me accountable. I like you have been here before and I've only given it half an effort. I've been in school for the last 2 years and have only focused on that. I graduate this Saturday so now it is time to focus on my health. I love food and need to monitor my portion sizes. The last three days have helped me see that I also need to limit my fat intake. Who knew? So if you'll help me, I'll help you.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

WELCOME WELCOME! i love this site and the forums, Im sure you will accomplish your goals and be a beautiful bride on your wedding! best of luck and "see ya" around
Old 04-29-2010, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I would also like to be held accountable. I also have engagement weight but it mostly started after i got a second job to save for my wedding (in october, one month after you) Lost my free time to work out. I'm at 202lbs and 5'7". I ordered my dress 2 sizes smaller to help me get motivated, and it has to a degree. I want to lose the 20lbs (hopefully more) that i have gained in the last year and a half. I had worked hard, using fitday to really help and weight watchers got me started, I was at 240lb 3 years ago and worked my way down to 175-180, then i got engaged and it has started to bother me a lot how much fitness i have lost. I also got a veggie garden and my bike this summer to really help. And its usually bored or stress eating and anything made out of chocolate that gets me. If its in the house, i will hunt it down til i eat the whole box
I usually do my weigh ins on saturday, do we all want to post on saturday?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Red face getting off those pounds!!

Hey ladies!! I joined this a few years ago for a nutrition class I was taking but more recently I've signed on to help me drop some weight before my sister's wedding in August. I've got really about 60 pounds to lose but I figure 20 pounds would be a decent goal for then. Plus, that'll put me right under my ULTIMATE GOAL of being under 200 pounds!!!

So... I hope none of you mind but I added all you (who have posted on this thread) to my contact/buddy list. I've been keeping a journal (well, two entries so far) of my experiences and it would be cool just to keep up with how other women are doing.

You all are super uplifting and I'm excited for us all to get where we want to be! Yay for us!

PS - I'm a 27 year old female from the San Francisco bay working in childcare and aspiring to open my own business this winter. What about all you guys?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

welcome to the group! bluestar - i like the idea of doing weekly weigh-ins. i'd prefer to do weigh-ins on Sunday, only because Sunday's the start of the week. plus, it's a mental thing - it's a way to make sure i don't overeat Saturday night because i know i have to weigh myself on Sunday. ;-)

here are my goals: my starting weight was 174 (last week); i'm now at 172. i'd like to get down to 155 by June 26 - two months. I'm currently a size 12, I'd like to be a size 8.

my reason: come Sept 1 (after my 30th bday) - my husband and I are going to start trying to have a baby. And i'd MUCH rather have my pre-baby weight be my goal weight of 155, rather than my current weight of 172. this way, when I do gain the pregnancy weight, i'll just be getting back to my current weight. i'm just super scared of ballooning during pregnancy. about 8 years ago i tipped the scales at the 200 mark and it freaked me out - and i'm terrified if I go back up to that weight, I'll be stuck there.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi all!

How's everyone doing?
Things are going along fine for me, the only change being that I am trying to deliberately zig-zag my calories. I seem to have settled into a good rate of loss after losing a lot in the first week - now it's like 1/4 kg every two days, I haven't been able to exercise as consistently as I would like, though. I don't know how some of you manage to do weekly weigh-ins - I want to do it every day!
Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.
What are your plans for the weekend? Lots of people have said weekend eating is harder, so here's my question of the day - How do you plan to face weekend eating temptations?

Take care!

Last edited by jml2010; 04-29-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome, i can do sunday, thats a good idea to not overeat.
As for weekend eating, i usually do better actually. I'm able to be more active and get out of the house and away from the food. I have also started setting my alarm for 6am so i get up early enough to enjoy the day and get some exercise in before things get going. Tomorrow will be a difficult day because its my best friends birthday and we will be going out and doing something. I know i will be eating cake and ice cream so i try to eat everything else healthy instead. I have a super healthy breakfast with eggs, veggies and fruit, maybe one piece of toast. I am going to carry around an apple or orange in my purse so i have an instant snack if i'm starving so i don't overeat. I'm just starting my garden, and just tilling and planting is hard work right now, i will be doing that tomorrow am. When i grow fresh food, i eat more of it because of all the effort i put into it. And i grow things i haven't tried before so i have a reason to look up recipes for it. I'm even getting my fiance into it now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.