View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

mtr12345 - I feel your pain. I had bigger weight losses when I started in January, and now I've slowed down. It can be discouraging to limit calories and then not see much of a difference. When that happens, I remind myself that I'm successful because I'm sticking to my goals (98% of the time!) and that's making my body healthier.

Exercise - even a little - can make a difference. It can speed up your metabolism so you burn calories faster. It doesn't have to be much. Jonathan Roche on youtube has a short no-excuses workout (one is 6 min; one is a 30-min interval workout that can even be done in a chair). There are lots of others online and elsewhere, just find one that works for you.

Weigh yourself at the same time for each weigh-in. I weigh myself first thing in the morning (after peeing!). I weigh less in the morning and my measurements are less then too (that's true of most people). So if you weighed yourself mid-day today, try weighing yourself in the morning.

In any case, don't be discouraged. As Mike said, you're moving in the right direction. And you're becoming healthier, even if you're not losing the pounds as quickly as you'd like to.

Edited to add: 3-5 hours of exercise a week could burn 600-2300 calories or more depending on the type of exercise you were doing. 2300 calories is about 2/3 of a pound.
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140

Last edited by carolynnq; 03-25-2013 at 12:44 AM.
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote