View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

Hi Kali! It sounds like you've really thought a lot about what you can and can't do and what you need to do. (And what a busy young woman you are!)

I started on the South Beach Diet when my son and his girlfriend started it. It - and many other diets - build snacks into it. I have a snack mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and about 8 pm. Snacks are things like a hardboiled egg, a small piece of meat or cheese wrapped in lettuce, string cheese, a small apple with a bit of peanut butter or cheese. The snacks keep me from being starving when the next meal rolls around.

I was like you - I was eating healthy foods, but way too much of them. Also, I'd stay up late and eat a lot late at night. Entering everything I eat into FitDay really makes me think about whether or not I really want to eat that food. The first week of cutting back on calories was hard - I did feel hungry sometimes. After a week or so my body adapted, and I now feel very satisfied eating 1200-1400 calories a day.

Do check into what kind of shoe inserts can help you. One of my sons had Achilles tendon pain, and a type of heel insert totally made the pain disappear.

If your urine is light-colored and you're not feeling thirsty, you're getting enough water.

That's great that you have access to a gym at work.
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote