Notices

7 Day motivational thread 3/11/13

Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Default 7 Day motivational thread 3/11/13

I hate to start it 2 weeks in a row, I feel like a thread.starter.hog but I don't know what tomorrow has in store for me and I am starting over and I need to be in this week.

Cassie, let me just tell you the Stanley is FAMOUS. I was walking along the river with Hope, her DH and Stanley and Hope goes to take a picture with Stanely. We hear this guy telling his (wife, gf, female friend, whatever) that our little fella was Stanley, then he tells her the story about Stanley. So then we make our way to Bourbon Street. Yes, we took him to Bourbon Street but it was day time and we didn't take him in any bars or skrip clubs. Stanley stops for another photo opp and some guy walks up to tell us about his Stanley that he took on a cruise to Mexico. Then a crowd of girls walk up and they tell us about Stanley. One girl said she took Stanley to the Czech Republic. She even did a video interview for Hope. Not more that a couple mintues go by and it's time for Stanley to pose for more pics. ANOTHER woman walks up and tells us her stary about Stanley. She also did a video interview for Hope. I think we were all in shock how this little fella is known by so many people. The crazy thing is that people came to us to talk about him. They couldn't be happier to tell us their stories.

This morning I was back up to 197.4

I will weigh in tomorrow morning, take a pic of the scale and post my weight.

My goals for the next couple weeks:
1) Lose 7 pounds (PER WEEK)
2) 100+ ounces of water per day
3) post daily
4) take all vitamins daily
5) have fun and help raise a lot of money for Johnny on Thursday

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-11-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

How very cool is that? I just knew he would have a great time in NOLA!

Thanks for starting us off. I need to be in, too; will have to think on my goals and decide whether the tried and true or more general ones are best for me this week. Work will be an absolute bear, so time to meet my needs is short, but I have never needed it more, so I absolutely have to find that balance.

Gotta run now, but I will be back this afternoon! Hope everyone had a great weekend .
Old 03-11-2013, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I don't think you're a hog. (More like a rice burner ...) Glad to see you're "starting over." As your timing is quite good.

I'm 'starting over,' too. Just as Stanley's gone to a new host, I've got a new fitness 'pal.' & I'm, like, ecstatic. (Android and a Big Phat Db with Sugar, and ...!!!) But I don't want to ditch my forum friends, so here I am.

Week of 3/4 recap:
  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 20, 65, 0, 35, 0, 0 , 0
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 142, 91, 182, 287, 299, 168, 145
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 68, 47, 89, 115, 75, 36, 78
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: Y, Y, Y, N, N, N, Y
  • Calories < 1500 (M-Th): 1254, 1651, 1280, 1858,
  • Calories < 1800 (F, S, S): 1563, 1764, 1825
Not a very good week. Started Strong but faded. Although, I didn't blow out the weekend. Ah ... it's another day! *& Spring Break for some!)

- Donna

PS: It seems IB (i.e. H&F) is just milking Fitday until they can put them on the auction block. But when they are losing customers like me (First login: 2002, Prem. member for years,) it can't have a positive effect on their asset value.

Last edited by dmartz; 03-11-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, Cassie and Donna- glad to see that you are all on board this week. Darlene and I are doing another walking challenge this week, a mere 10k between now and Sunday if any of you are interested.

My challenge this week will be supper. Getting home late and no help - this is going to take some planning and organizing on my part. So my goal for this week is not to cave and get take out for supper. NO TAKE OUT. Yep that's my goal.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for starting us off (AGAIN)

Like Cassie my goals will be simple this week. Going out for lunch with friend tomorrow and Wed I have to go to see dietician. I have to keep food journal for 3 days and write down glucose numbers. Yesterday water was next to nil--too much coffee!

GOALS
Eat sensibly and drink 6 glasses of water

Robin, do you have a slow cooker? A great way to make meals ahead. A healthier alternative to take out is bbq chicken at the deli counter and get some salads.

Jenn
Old 03-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

Donna, I'm sorry we are losing you to the competition. It's hard anytime a member is lost, especially a long time, paying member. At least on the bright side, you're still here with us... For now.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for starting us. 7 pounds a week is an ambitious goal. Altho this week I would LOVE to lose the 4-5 I gained here.

Mike, Cassie: DH and I took Stanley to Cafe du Monde last night and once again he was a star. A group of college age people recounted their experiences, didn't get it on tape but one guy took Stanley to the Eiffel Tower.

Yes after our extravagant dinner at Nola, we went to Cafe du Monde, and yes I had pretzels and chips after that which is why I'm back this morning on FD.

We're taking Stanley to NY, then to FL. Mike, I told DD we have a foster doll and she texted (and I quote) "I am not introducing a paper doll to my friends." Well!!! I will get her to come around and I will take good care of him!!!Tori, PM me with your address so I can send him to you or if it's OK Mike will give me the info. Or I can send Stanley back to Mike and he can send him to you.

Donna so glad you are still here with us.

Robin I like how you say a mere 10 k

I'm with Jenn on the 6 glasses of water. 8 is ambitious for me, little sipper that I am.

I feel like I'm getting a head cold; maybe cause we're leaving NOLA? Everyone go visit Mike; he is a true Southern gentleman. We had a fabuolus time with him and his lovely family.

Last edited by canary52; 03-11-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

goals:
1) 6 glasses water
2) plan meals
3) get close to plan
4) stretch
5) walk or gym
6) fight head cold
7) write 3-4 days min.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hope- Got about 25 in last week- so yes a mere 10k this week lol.

Jenn thanks for the suggestion. This am I prepared some chicken to bake and left it in the fridge for my 17 year old to put in the oven this evening and I have left over salad from yesterday. Tomorrow I will do the slow cooker. That's as far ahead as my planning goes. My 17 year old will put things in the oven if I give him precise instructions. However if I leave "cooking" in his hands it will be chicken strips or mr noodle haha.

Donna- glad that you are staying on the forum. The support network is as impt as the logging
Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
1 egg, 1 egg white with bacon on Ezkiel English muffin (did it, no muffin)
chicken and salad
dinner at Gumbo Shop:
split etouffee and gumbo with DH or have blackened fish and veg
Snacks:
fruit
nuts
dried okra
tea
sardines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.