View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
anderson02
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Make Exercise Part of Your Day

I know everyone has probably heard the whole "schedule time for exercise" bit. While I don't schedule my workout like a meeting I very much make it part of my day. I prefer to think of it as just as much part of my morning routine as brushing my teeth.

I was trying to workout in the evenings but found that after a day of work I was often too tired or just had other things that I felt like I had to do instead. Then there was the whole taking 2 showers a day that seemed like a real pain in the butt.

My solution, I changed my schedule so I go into work a little later. Now instead of getting up and heading straight for the shower I hit the treadmill. Since I workout at home there's no getting ready to go somewhere; the cat is the only one up and he doesn't care about my mismatched outfit or crooked ponytail.

I walk for 40 minutes each morning M-F. I get to watch the news to see what's going on in the world and get the day’s weather. There are a lot of benefits for me personally to working out first thing in the morning. For one thing I am half asleep when I start so the first 10 minutes are a breeze! I have no real excuse to miss a work out; if I dragged my tired butt out of bed I might as well get on the treadmill. I make better food choices during the day because I don't want to negate my efforts. I am also a bit more awake and feel better about the day overall cause I did have a positive start to it. Finally my evenings are free to take care of other things without the guilt that I am skipping my workout to do so.
anderson02 is offline   Reply With Quote