Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

Tereza, I wrote a nice long reply to your last post yesterday or the day before and now I see it's not there. I haven't had any problems logging in to fitday, but several of my posts haven't gone through.

Get on your scale! I was afraid to as well - I told myself I'd just go by how my clothes felt. But they get tighter so gradually that you can really put on a lot of weight without noticing (or you notice, but keep fooling yourself). Once I weighed myself and saw I was at an all-time high - that was motivation to do something.

Losing weight is a long, slow process (seems unfair when it goes on so quickly and easily!), so start now. I like the quote that is something like "A year from now, you don't want to look back and say 'I wish I had started losing weight a year ago.'"

Do you have some simple goals to strive for? Mine are no sugar and white flour; 1200-1500 calories a day; and an hour of extra movement a day (yard work, walking, yoga, exercise bike - whatever I feel like that gets me up and moving).

Consider each day a success when you meet your goals. Don't focus on weight loss. Losing weight will happen, but in the meantime you'll be developing good habits.
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote