Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Tereza, I wrote a nice long reply to your last post yesterday or the day before and now I see it's not there. I haven't had any problems logging in to fitday, but several of my posts haven't gone through.

Get on your scale! I was afraid to as well - I told myself I'd just go by how my clothes felt. But they get tighter so gradually that you can really put on a lot of weight without noticing (or you notice, but keep fooling yourself). Once I weighed myself and saw I was at an all-time high - that was motivation to do something.

Losing weight is a long, slow process (seems unfair when it goes on so quickly and easily!), so start now. I like the quote that is something like "A year from now, you don't want to look back and say 'I wish I had started losing weight a year ago.'"

Do you have some simple goals to strive for? Mine are no sugar and white flour; 1200-1500 calories a day; and an hour of extra movement a day (yard work, walking, yoga, exercise bike - whatever I feel like that gets me up and moving).

Consider each day a success when you meet your goals. Don't focus on weight loss. Losing weight will happen, but in the meantime you'll be developing good habits.
Age 61, Height 5'9"
March 2010 145 lbs, Jan 2013 173 lbs
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote