View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

I love daylight savings time - I love it being light later. I had been getting up and doing yard work for a half hour to an hour between 6:30 and 8. Now it's dark then. I know I can do it later, but it felt good to accomplish something and get a half hour of exercise in before the day had hardly started. I did some push ups and crunches when I got up today, but I have to think about what other exercise I want to get in early now.

quinn - LOL at "treating daughter like an adult when home on spring break". So hard to do sometimes. Your goal of focusing on eating healthy rather than weight loss is smart, IMO. I'm trying to do that too.

nobe - how about incorporating your 3 yr old (that's such a cute age!!!!) into some of your exercises. Put on some lively music and dance around with him/her. Go to the park and race each other. Lie on your back and raise your child up on your legs and move him/her up and down. There are probably lots of sites that have ideas for exercising with children. Each individual thing might be only 5 or 10 minutes, but it all adds up. I like to exercise while watching tv too.

Mike - congratulations on your day 1 weight loss.

Jezzie - I hope your back heals soon.

whyme - bravo! on your weight loss. I'm trying to lose about 1.5 lbs a week too. It's so nice when clothes feel looser.

Robin - I admire your dedication to walking. Thinking about your pot roast is making me hungry.

Jenn - I'm also trying to tone my arms. I'm doing push-ups, and using weights (putting my hands in back of my shoulders and raising and lowering them). What are you doing?

Donna - Most scales are too darn truthful! That's why I avoided mine for too many months.
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote