View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #104 (permalink)
canary52
FitDay Member

Jenn, congratulations on the ten pounds!!! YES!!!!

Boo, changing diet does take getting used to and I have had where swtiching to low carb makes me feel cruddy and especially when trying to exercise.

Mike, OK, OK, I'm with you on the parm. As for the scale, I better move it back. I gained a pound from my "adventures."

Nobe, I feel for you re: your step mom. So frustrating, scary even. But it's like drugs or alcohol I think in the respect that the person has to want to quit. Unlike drugs and alcohol, where extreme measures may be needed in terms of stopping, extreme measures in diet are self defeating. Maybe just try to support her in little changes... I like what Jezzie said. And believe me, from trying to help my own DD and watching that backfire horribly, I can say no one wants to feel judged (not that I'm saying you are making her feel that way, just that people who know their approach isn't working don't always welcome help. To say umm the least, hmmm I did say a lot you prolly already know.) All this being said...

Who called the pastry provider a crack dealer??? You are soooo right!!!

I started the day with pastry and it went downhill from there on so many levels but especially food (and sloth.) Pastries to burger and fries, to gumbo and ice cream to I don't know what. Thing is: I don't even like pastries any more. I just ate em to "be social." Seriously. They were cloyingly sweet and yet they seemed to set off some reaction in me. Am I just imagining this? Justifying? (Mike will say yes prolly) But I swear starting out the day like that made me hungrier... My chest hurts, my sleep was terrible. I can't blame the "dealer" I was a willing customer...

Last edited by canary52; 03-08-2013 at 03:14 PM.
canary52 is offline   Reply With Quote