Notices

Old 03-06-2013, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie

I don't know how many times I have said this is "The Year" to lose my excess weight. I just turned 40 and this IS my year to lose the weight. I have lost and regained the same 15 pounds countless times over the past 7 years!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

welcome! everyone here has been very nice and helpful so far. lots of good information posted.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Red face

Thank you so much...This is the first time I have logged food...I read so many posts about motivation and helpful tidbits about emotional eating..I feel so inspired by all of them to continue this journey..
Old 03-07-2013, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, henryanna! I know what you're feeling.

I think, like alcoholics, we have to do this one day at a time. If we say this is the year we're going to do it, it doesn't matter that much what we do today, because we have the rest of the year to make up for it.

Instead, wake up in the morning and tell yourself this is the day you're going to do it (eat healthful foods, eat x number of calories, exercise x number of minutes, etc. - whatever your plan is). If you've met your goals for the day, give yourself a pat on the back - if not, do it tomorrow. Focus on daily goals - focusing on the long-term result can be discouraging because it takes so long to get there.

Consider joining in on the weekly goals thread in the motivation forum. People post their weekly goals on Monday, report in on how you're doing, and encourage others.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you I will...