View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #81 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Hi, weekend warriors. I haven't fallen off the wagon. Just have been involved in some family stuff this past week that has kept me away from the computer. Routine blood test tomorrow and going out to a restaurant this evening to a birthday dinner for step-granddaughter, so I have to be extra careful on the carbs, sat fat, and cholesterol today, as well as very sure to get in my water. My exercise this past week has been practically non-existent.

Jenn, kudos on being down 1.5 lbs! Great job!

Robin, I always use cauliflower as a sub for potatoes. In fact, I've eaten it so often that I actually PREFER the taste of it to the taste of potatoes. For mashed I cook it until very tender (draining well, but saving some cooking water in case I need to thin it after mashing.) I mash it in my food processor adding whatever I would normally add to mashed potatoes. I also like it unmashed with cheese or a low carb cheese sauce or just smashed with stuff added to it to make it taste like a loaded baked potato (crumbled turkey bacon, salt substitute and pepper, chives, sour cream, butter substitute, etc.)

Stella, welcome. Best wishes on your goals this coming week.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight9/5/2013 226 with an eye on "Onederland"
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote