View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sharkbait777
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson728 View Post
Hi Sharkbait,

One thing you may want to look into is the Couch to 5K program C25K: Couch to 5K. A number of us on the site have done it; it is a nine-week program that purports to take you from couch potato to being able to run a 5K (3.1 miles). But the flexibility is there to repeat weeks or take it slower. When you are ready to progress, move on to the next week. It is a beginner's program. It incorporates brief periods of running into mostly walking at first, then it changes the proportions over time. It is structured but it is completely individual, so that may be helpful for you.
Thank you for the reply, Cassie. I will take every bit of the advice given and use it to my benefit.

The problem is that I've looked at this Couch to 5K program more than a few times and it doesn't seem to compensate for people who are over a certain weight threshold. They need to have a Couchpatatoefatty to 5K program because all the information I'm seeing is people who are beginners. Not people who are very obese and have trouble running a few steps, let alone keep a "constant pace" like it says.

I've looked up on different websites "obesity and running" but those don't say much either and are very vague on where to begin. Anyone have a solid link for people who are very obese that want to run a 5K marathon in 8-12 months? I'd like to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOT quicker than that but I'm trying to be as realistic as possible given the weight I'm currently at.

I'm not against getting on a strict diet (given that my wallet can handle it) and getting on a strict work out routine. I have the time. I just don't have the info in front of me and most work out routines are for beginners. Not for the morbidly obese.
Sharkbait777 is offline   Reply With Quote