Thread: maryavery
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Hi Mary, welcome to the forum. My mother has fibromyalgia too and actually uses exercise for pain management. She even set up an exercise room in her house. I know that some days everything hurts, but you might be much better off talking to your doctor about what you can do for a work out and getting a regimen started, even a small one can be very beneficial.

As for lunches, I do salad maybe 50% of the time, but I vary the toppings, garden, cobb, taco, etc etc. You can also make a decent variety of sandwiches, egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, low-fat low-cal cold cuts with reduced fat cheese. Then you can vary the bread, I usually use low-fat, low-cal, whole grain bread, slim buns, slim bagels, pita bread, English muffins or tortillas. I also like cottage cheese with stuff to dip in it, like veggies or fruit. Greek yogurt is a tasty lunch option too, and it's really good with some fruit or sugar-free jam stirred in. Some of the "healthy" canned soups are nice for lunch too, especially if you have a microwave at work. I frequently heat up leftovers for lunch, and since I make a healthy dinner for the whole family it's all good.
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote