Notices

Advice to your 16 year old self

Old 02-26-2013, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Advice to your 16 year old self

*poof* You have been granted the one-time-only opportunity to go back in time and deliver a letter to yourself on the eve of your 16th birthday. What would you say to a younger you? I'll start.
_____

Dear 16 year old CJ,

I know that guy is great looking and cool and a bad boy and seems like he's heavily into you. He's also a violent, controlling abusive maniac. Run. Run far. Run fast. Do not look back. He'll break your heart and your collar bone and possibly (though you'll never be able to prove it) tamper with the brake lines on your car.

Wear your seat belt, even if it does wrinkle that pretty yellow blouse. A jagged scar on your forehead lasts a lot longer than wrinkled clothes. I know, you're not planning to roll your car 6 times across that farmer's hayfield, but, honey, that's why they call them accidents.

I know it's hard being the shortest person in any group of your peers, but you are going to sprout another 4 inches this year. It might not be all you hope for but at least you'll make it over the five feet mark.

Stop trying to fix and cover for your parents. Their problems are their own and they had those problems long before you were born. You are not the reason their lives went to hades in a handbasket.

You are stronger than you know. One day, you will be happier than you can imagine right now.

Love and Hugs,
50 year-old CJ

PS -- I love you.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egr683
One day, you will be happier than you can imagine right now.
This would be the gist of my letter. That and -- "Stop trying to find the perfect boyfriend! Your best friend will become your husband!"

Life is funny.

-my 30 year old self.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

You are about to stop exercising -- DON'T
Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 AM
FitDay Member

Great topic, here's a few things I'd write to myself:

1. Don't get caught up in the drugs & booze-it's a waste of time

2. Don't stop exercising, you won't stay skinny forever

3. Save yourself from a few years of pain and anguish and stay away from that hot petite lil brunette that you will meet in the club in 1987.

4. Go To College!

5. Last and not least, heavily invest in a couple of little start up companies named Microsoft and Apple...
Old 02-26-2013, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

46 - 23 - 38 - 4 - 2 - 23
March 30th 2012

Also, make Facebook.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

It's okay to be scared.

Last edited by frenchhen3; 02-27-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

This one is pretty easy. Stop drinking sodas and eating poptarts, they're not helping!! Also don't be friends with BLANK, your high school career will go to h-e-double hockey sticks if you do. Be stubborn and finish high school and try to get into college for ENGLISH, not any of the other crap you think you have to do. Oh, and lighten up.