Thread: Gym routine
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lscheatzle
FitDay Member

I'm pretty new to this, too, but from everything I've researched, you need at least 3 30min cardio workouts a week, and 2 strength training. If you can only make it to the gym twice a week, spend that time with a good 15-20 min cardio warm-up and spend the rest of your time there with strength training. Then just get in a good 20-30 min fast paced walk or jog in after work 3-4 days a week. I only workout around the house, so I do a 3 mile walk/jog/sprint (interval training is great!) 3 days a week, then twice a week I do a 10 min cardio warm-up and a 20 min strength training circuit (reps of home workouts like push-ups, crunches, etc.) Plan your home workout routine in advance so you can switch to the next excersize quickly, rather than letting your heart rate go down while you figure out what's next. Also, I've had success breaking up my strength training into arms/shoulders/chest one day, legs/glutes, abs the other. That way your torn and sore muscles have time to heal between workout. Good luck!
Lscheatzle is offline   Reply With Quote