View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
CaramelMisses
FitDay Member

Hi Carolyn Thank you for your response. I've heard of the South Beach diet before, but never considered it. Why? Because I absolutely love sweets and carbs. I know it's necessary to make changes and give up bad habits, but giving these things up will be a HUGE challenge for me. I'm a MONSTER without sugar and carbs! LOL!

I've already developed the habit of drinking water. I always tell myself that I'd rather eat my calories. Sugary beverages aren't my problem. I think the biggest challenge is controlling my mind. If I could have more will power, my weight loss journey would be alot easier. I haven't really set any goals that aren't weight related, but I do try to keep track of my water intake. I'm shooting for AT LEAST 8 glasses a day. Sometimes I just don't drink enough. My main goal is to not exceed 1500 calories in a day.

Is the South Beach diet expensive to follow? That seems to be another issue with me. Being a single mom, I'm always on a tight budget, and I often end up just counting calories while only changing small things in my diet.

Which brings me to my next question. Is it really all about calories? Or should I be keeping track of the carbs, sodium, etc as well? Is it more about what personally works for my body?
CaramelMisses is offline   Reply With Quote