View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #178 (permalink)
dmartz
FitDay Member

Default Sugar, Sugar

MIKE! <Donna Jumps Up> THANK YOU SO MUCH, for your offer of a King Cake! BUT, I'm going to have to respectfully decline, (for reasons that will soon be obvious.) Here's what I'd like instead. Can you, as SUPER Moderator, ask Tech support to respond to my post about adding sugar to the Log DB?

It's been a while since I've seen a report about server issues, so I'm assuming the worst of that may be behind them. And I also believe they did (at least) one code update in the last week or so. Can we ask them to give an estimate on my request regarding sugar, that I'll quote below. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Much, much more than a king cake. I'm really tired of my goals saying "Sugar < (??? g)." And, sugar has been a real source of, um, inflammation for me lately.

- Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartz View Post
I've got a rant I'd like to get off my chest. I know Fitday has had a lot of issues lately with their server systems administration, but once they have this resolved, I hope they will address another shortcoming they've had for a while - They should update the Nutrition Facts label in the food log section to match the one mandated by the FDA.

Where does it differ? Fitday does not have the entry that specifies Sugar. The Sugar item was added to the Fed regulations for food labeling in 2006 - I looked it up. ( See Nutrition Labeling of Food: “Sugars” - US Code of Fed Regs, Title 21, Sect. 101.9(c)(6)(ii) ) The USDA database has contained this data for several years, (since ~ 2008, I believe.)

So, I'm hoping that Fitday can update their db so this can be logged and tracked like other nutrition components, in the near future. This would be a big help to people who would like to quantify their sugar intake in their [food] journal.

I've read comments in the past that with some nebulous mentions that this may be forthcoming, but never any assurances that work on adding 'Sugar' to the Food Log was underway. Can anyone confirm or deny rumors of the impending introduction of Sugar to the food log?

Last edited by dmartz; 02-18-2013 at 12:30 PM.
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote