View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
muaythai_fighter
FitDay Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson728 View Post
I think it is saying that you can consume 1700 calories.

One way to look at it is this. To lose a pound, you have to burn approximately 3500 more calories than you consume. To burn three pounds, then, you need to burn 10,500 more calories than you consume.

If you want to lose those three pounds in three weeks, you need a deficit of 500 calories a day (500 a day times seven days times three weeks is 10,500). If you want to burn those three pounds in two weeks, you need a deficit of 750 a day; if you want to burn them in one week, a deficit of 1500 a day is needed.

Just curious, though, if you are 7-8% body fat, how do you know if you are burning fat and not burning muscle? It seems as if you don't have much fat left to lose.
when im not getting ready for a fight i normally walk around 135-140lbs 10-12% bf..
....probably am burning muscle as well due to the amounts of cardio done when getting ready for a fight.

ive also checked my net calories and its always on the negative.... for example my calorie lifestyle burned is around 2250 calories and when i add my activity for the day it adds up, i would log in the amount ive eaten which is around 2000 calories leaving my net calories in the minus
muaythai_fighter is offline   Reply With Quote