View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
childofnite
FitDay Member

Question Weight loss surgery diet plans?

Hi everyone. I have been using Fitday for 6 years, but have never used the forums!!!

Back in 2004 when I joined, I started Atkins, then went Herbal Magic, and after getting myself up to the 340 pound mark and not losing for well over a 6 month period despite doing everything right, I got gastric bypass 3 years ago. I lost over 150 pounds in 18 months!

Despite having had WLS, I managed to gain 50 pounds back and was struggling because of a non-WLS illness and serious food addiction issues. I started eating well again Monday before last and have so far lost 15 pounds, and am looking for others that have had a weight loss surgery that wouldn't mind starting a thread for support.

I am aware there is a lot of bias against WLS. So I am asking people out there to be brave and respond so we can have a little support for one another.

I have nothing but respect for people that have been able to do it on their own - I lost over 70 pounds on my own at one point, but was not able to keep it off. Turned out I had an oversized stomach - think 6'8" 300+lbs linebacker sized one - for a petite 5'4" female... No wonder I was always hungry!

As can be seen by my regain, WLS it is not a magic pill - just a tool: and rearranging your guts is not a decision I came by lightly - I had run out of options as my heath and co-morbidities had become overwhelming. I would likely have been dead by 40 if I had not had it, according to my doc. So, this was NOT the easy way out; it was my last chance. Sorry if I sound defensive - I have spent over 3 years having to justify my choice, I guess.

So, if there is anyone out there willing to jump on my bandwagon, raise their hands and provide support, thanks so much. Looking forward to 'talking' to all of you.

Diana
childofnite is offline   Reply With Quote