View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
antoniopablo
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynnq View Post
I have a tendency to eat when bored, worried, etc. If I get the urge to eat when I'm not really hungry, I sometimes:

1. Brush my teeth. Brushing one's teeth is associated with the end eating, plus I generally no longer feel like eating with a minty fresh mouth.

2. Walk up and down the stairs 5 times. I don't know if it's the distraction, the exercise, or thinking about how my legs ache and how few calories that effort burned, but this usually works for me.

Other "tricks":

3. Fill out your daily food log religiously. I often back off from eating something I don't really need because I don't want to have to see it in my food log and see the calorie count jump.

4. Eat more soups. In a study, two groups were allowed to each as much as they wanted. One group was fed a stew/casserole with water to drink on the side. The other group got the same stew/casserole with water added to it to make it into a soup. The soup group got filled up with less food.

5. I'm a big late-night snacker. I've made the kitchen off limits to me after 8 pm. At 7:30 pm, I'll have some fruit with cheese or nuts, and then I don't go into the kitchen until the following morning. (And, no, I haven't started stashing food in other rooms!)

6. Don't eat in front of the tv or at the computer. When I'm focused on a screen, I eat mindlesslessly and then realize I've finished my meal and haven't really enjoyed it - and usually don't feel full. Unplug and really enjoy your food.

7. I eat too fast, so I'm trying to put my spoon or fork down between bites, or chew a bite 20 times. This is another way to taste and better enjoy your food.
Nice tricks to avoid unusual hungry feeling !! Brushing is the best one ..i have tried it many times !!
antoniopablo is offline   Reply With Quote