View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
01gt4.6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by canary52 View Post
Atta boy!!! I can help you with goal #5 and maybe even #2 LOL.
Mike, you are BA!!! What's this about a gun?

Great pix of Clydesdales and great "picture painting."
BTW y'all, Mike doesn't mention how cute the horses were, nuzzling each other and one even danced. Awwwwwwww.....
I try to tread lightly (at times) so I try to answer this without stepping on toes. As far as the gun, I don't feel that our government has the right to tell me that I can't protect myself or my family. I'm pretty sure that is the underlying motive and that's the direction that it's headed. 20 years ago I owned a shotgun, for hunting. I sold it years ago and haven't had a gun since. I just picked up a 9mm handgun for self protection. In Louisiana you can "open carry" (walk around with a gun on your hip). I don't want to draw attention to myself so I've signed up for the CWP (concealed weapons permit) so I can carry concealed. I pray that I never need to use it... almost as much as I've prayed to not be in a situation where I needed a gun, but didn't have one. As they say, it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Unfortunately, part of the media portrays gun owners as gun toting vigilantes. But as you know, 4 people were shot on Bourbon Street the other night, probably by a criminal if I had to guess. Like the old bumper sticker says "if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them". I don't wish to get into a shootout in a crowded street but if my life is in danger, I want to have the proper training to defend myself, without hurting the innocent around me. Last night, can you guess where my car was?? In my car because I haven't taken the safety class (which the CWP class is).

That's as lightly as I can tread without voicing my true feelings.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote