View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #126 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Hey y'all! I just wanted to let y'all know that I haven't went MIA. I've done really good this week, even though I didn't make goals. In fact, I think by NOT making goals, I wasn't setting myself up for failure. When I was making set in stone goals, and I missed one it defeated me. Instead of shaking it off, I saw it as "well, I've already screwed that up, so what's the point in going on?" By not having goals, I just did the best I could...and I did really good! As of this morning I was at a 5lb loss for the week. Most of it was water weight, but it's weight that's NOT on the scale, I'll take any kind of loss I can right now.

I logged everything Monday-Friday (food and activities) and gave myself the weekend off. I'm pretty sure this plan is going to work for me. Keep strict thru the week, and then live a little on the weekends. This weekend was pretty calorie heavy. We went out for my Daddy's 61st birthday last night, and there may have been a small slice of cake that made it to my plate. A cake that I made!! From scratch!! I have to say, I'll probably never buy a boxed cake mix or can of frosting again. It's so much better when made from scratch. Today we had a traditional Southern Sunday lunch....meatloaf, rice (cause I didn't have enough potatoes to mash to feed everyone so WHN and I ate the taters for supper), mac n cheese, peas, and biscuits. The only thing that wasn't scratch made was the mac n cheese, it did come from a box..but only because I didn't have the time to make that homemade too. Next weekend isn't going to be as heavy, food wise. I don't think WHN and I are going to do too much for Valentine's Day. We both have to work through the week, and the weekend will be too busy to go to a restaurant, so we'll probably stay in and cook here. Which is fine by me.

Oh, and I did teach Mike a little too well with the blame game. I've told him that one day he might get as good as I am....but I highly doubt it.

Hope--I'm so totatlly jealous that you're there and I'm not. I miss NOLA way too much. Eat lots of yummy food for me!!

Mern--WOOHOOO 7 pounds is AWESOME!!!!

Everybody else--hope you all had a great week!!

Mini Goal Weight-220--MET! 01/25/16
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD

Current Weight-218.8 (January 25, 2016)
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.
ToriD1012 is offline   Reply With Quote