View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
JulieBengt
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberatedmist View Post
Ok, so I am addicted to these little wedges of happiness!!

The other day I made a sandwich with one (Franz Thin Bread, Sundried Tomato and Basil Light Wedge, Roasted Red Peppers and Alfalfa Sprouts) that was just phenomenal!

Today I just used the same Sundried Tomato and Basil Light flavor with zucchini. I chopped a small zucchini (mine was about 95 grams) into 1/4 inch cubes. Sprayed a pan with olive oil spray. Sauteed zucchini on high until tender and turning brown (I like crunchy zucchini). When it looked done and edible I dumped in the chopped Laughing Cow wedge, removed the pan from the heat and stirred constantly for a few seconds. Poured the cheesy zucchini on a plate and allowed a little more stirring and time for all the cheese to melt.

It was extremely tasty and only came to just over 50 calories. I have to admit that it isn't very filling, but it makes a great veggie snack!

Anyone else have any unique recipes using these cheese wedges?? I have heard of using them to make omelets and that might be my next adventure.
I believe these are processed. I do better avoiding processed food. You may wish to try farmer cheese. The low fat cheeses seem like wax with no flavor. Ricotta is another good choice. If I keep mayo in the fridge I'm in trouble, so I use avacado instead. . .emotional eater!
JulieBengt is offline   Reply With Quote